General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

running problems with 04 Mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2005, 12:28 AM
bbuck

Default running problems with 04 Mach 1

Having problems with my Mach. Since about 4,500k on it started to blow blue smoke when you first start car up in the morning when it was cold. Also, there is a pretty good engine ticking noise. Also, hesitates off and on when accelerating, unless you get on it real hard. Talked to ford, and they say it's the characteristic of the Mach 1 and also the 2005 Mustangs do it too. This can't be right. Anybody know or heard of this problem before and know how to solve it??
Old 05-08-2005, 12:35 AM
ZachW04Stang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: running problems with 04 Mach 1

This definitly isn't normal. Blue smoke means your burning oil and there is no reason for this to be considered normal. I would go to the dealership and demand to have it fixed. Have you checked your oil level? You should check it every day before you start your car up and see if its loosing oil gradualy. I can't tell you what the ticking noise is since it could be cause by a number of things, but if you run your engine while theres no oil the valves will bend and it will cause a ticking sound.
Old 05-08-2005, 12:40 AM
Chris C
2nd Gear Member

Blue smoke is oil burning. Sounds like there is oil leaking down into the cyl when the car is sitting. If this is common of Mach1s I dont know but I would not be happy with it. I would be worried about emissions in the future also. Did you take it into ford or just call them?
Old 05-08-2005, 12:59 AM
bbuck

Yeah, I took it in to the same dealership three times for these three things. Each time they told me that it was just something I would have to live with. The third time I was also having problems with the washer squirter. They told me that they couldnt fix this either. Took it to another dealership and they fixed the washer squirter, but my other problems were common and I could do nothing about this. It's pretty embarrising starting your car up in front of people waiting to hear the exhaust and they here clicking coming from the engine instead.
Old 05-08-2005, 01:21 AM
Chris C
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bbuck

Yeah, I took it in to the same dealership three times for these three things. Each time they told me that it was just something I would have to live with. The third time I was also having problems with the washer squirter. They told me that they couldnt fix this either. Took it to another dealership and they fixed the washer squirter, but my other problems were common and I could do nothing about this. It's pretty embarrising starting your car up in front of people waiting to hear the exhaust and they here clicking coming from the engine instead.
Good old ford for you. I cant count how many times I had my fords into dealers for problems that they cant fix. No wonder their bonds were just downgraded to junk and the stock is under 10$.
http://aolsvc.news.aol.com/business/...06233309990006
You can go over the dealers heads if they cant fix your problem. I think in your owners manual there should be a 800# so you can talk to a ford rep. Its worth a shot. The worse they can do is tell you to live with it also.