General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

I like "ricer" wings.

Old 07-31-2008, 11:12 AM
2k1gt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I like "ricer" wings.

Even though I think you are on crack for liking that BOMZ spoiler, if you really really want one that looks like that you should rethink the steeda race wing and cobra R spoiler. At least buy a spoiler made for mustangs.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:33 AM
ExtrmZ
4th Gear Member

themost extremespoiler i would put on that car is the cobra r...
Old 07-31-2008, 12:22 PM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

The Steeda and Cobra R stuff isnt that much different, but why am i even saying anything. I like the old Boss and Ducktail spoilers
Old 07-31-2008, 12:27 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: aynjell

There I said it. Are there any out there that work out good for our cars? I really like the look, and that's what's more important to me, but I wouldn't mind having some downforce excuse. Any that will add to traction at speed?
As already mentioned, unless you are track racing (120+) the wings are useless and would look dumb on a streetcar.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:28 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Well, I don't really care for the cobra R look, to be honest. I want something that comes like powder coated in black, maybe an all alluminum wing. The steeda ones are ugly to me. So the two mustang specific ones don't appeal to me. I want something with the lanky stantions and winglets. Simple, but I'd prefer it to actually work.

Kind of like this: http://item.express.ebay.com/BOMZ-GT...mdZExpressItem

You know what I mean?
did you notice what cars that wing is for?

please dont. i bet you would get $hit on the road with one of those installed.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:55 PM
Solitear
2nd Gear Member

Oh god.... why a huge wing buy a honda and rice it not make domestic rice.......
Old 07-31-2008, 09:21 PM
FixFalcon
2nd Gear Member

How much do those carbon-fiber wings cost? What kind of Mustang do you have? You might be better off saving the money for a REAL modification. Intake...exhaust....heads...cam...
Old 07-31-2008, 10:38 PM
aynjell
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FixFalcon

How much do those carbon-fiber wings cost? What kind of Mustang do you have? You might be better off saving the money for a REAL modification. Intake...exhaust....heads...cam...
Honestly, the mustang's performance is stilll satisfactory to me. I really like the way it drives now. Buying new stuff for it isn't up my allie yet. I will be getting a tuner and gears within the next 3 months, I hope. But for now, I'm really trying to complete the look of the car.

That's the car presently. I've done about everything aesthetically I can think of, and I really want to either go wingless or get one of those black spoilers. And I like the universal ones, I didn't want to know if it'd be rice or what not, I asked if there are any out there that actually work. I'd go for the cobra but the stanchions are too tall and too thick for my preferences. The steeda wing is more up my alley, but I really want the little wirey stanchions. I think they give the car a grittier look. I admire the steeda unit for actually working and looking good on stangs, though. And that may be what I end up with, but steeda products have always put a bad taste in my mouth.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:36 PM
95 droptop
2nd Gear Member

how about a saleen double stack?
Old 08-01-2008, 12:14 AM
FixFalcon
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FixFalcon

I've done about everything aesthetically I can think of, and I really want to either go wingless or get one of those black spoilers.
Unless you are driving around at 150+ miles per hour, a wing is purely aesthetic. What other modifications have you done to the car? This is America, and it's your car but I'm telling you... if you put a big *** wing on it, prepare for some dirty looks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I like "ricer" wings.