General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Anyone ever installed a HUD?

Old 08-06-2008, 07:11 PM
southern4life_99
1st Gear Member

Default Anyone ever installed a HUD?

I was sitting on the couch the other night thinking of different things to do to the stang when I remembered something I read on a s-10 site i used to visit before my blazer blew up. Seems some of the guys over there would take the heads up display (hud) out of cars (I think some grand ams but I cant remember for sure, would have to go back and see) and splice/moldthem into their trucks. I was wondering if anyone has ever tried anything like that in a fox? Obviously it would involve a fair amount of custom fabercation and splicing of wiring but I dont think it would be impossible. Anyone else have any input on this? Remember anything is possible with a big enough wallet.I would be working with a 87 5.0 hatch.

*Please no negative comments such as that would be rice, ect. ect. If you have a vaild reason as to why it wouldnt work then I am listening, otherwise if you dont have anything nice to say then dont say anything at all.[8D]
Old 08-07-2008, 12:22 AM
FixFalcon
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone ever installed a HUD?

My buddy has an '04 Evo with a HUD. I'll ask him what brand it is tomorrow.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:13 PM
southern4life_99
1st Gear Member

His is aftermarket? That might be an easier route. I know some come with them from the factory and was thinking about finding one at a bone yard and using that, but you might have me onto something here.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:03 PM
1992foxstang

i'm not sure what ford cars came with a hud i'm thinking that somelincoln's had them as long as it is out of a fomoco car it shouldn't be to hard to wire in just try to make sure it's not out of something alot newer. i think it is an amazing idea though let me know what you find out