General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Window Wont Go Up

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2008, 04:10 PM
duche

Default Window Wont Go Up

Hi, i am a owner of a 2001 bullit, and i had my windows down cuz i was puttin in my new radio deck cuz it was hot and then when i finished and my radio worked i went to roll up the windows but the driver side window didnt roll up. it sounds like the a click but when you push up or down, is there any suggestions of what could of happened or how i can fix it or atleast put my window up?

Thakns alot guys,
Old 08-09-2008, 07:03 PM
drew50
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Window Wont Go Up

So can you hear the motor working. Maybe its the same thing wrong with mine. You may need to put new bushings in the window motor. You should go through and check to see if if the window is off the tracks. If the motor is working at all. If they both are good then I bet you will need new bushings in the motor.
Old 08-09-2008, 07:27 PM
duche

i don't hear the motor all i really hear is like a click but not from the switch its like down in the door kinda, and i talked to ppl and they said it might be a fuse or a relay but the owners manuel doesn't help much with those,
Old 08-09-2008, 07:43 PM
drew50
1st Gear Member

Did you go through and look at the fuses to see if any of em are out?
Old 08-09-2008, 07:49 PM
duche

not the one that is labeled for the window in the box in the engine bay, but the set under the driver side of dash is alot different then the owners manual is saying. but we were thinking cuz if it was a fuse would'nt that mean that the other window wouln't go up? cuz the passenger side works fine
Old 08-09-2008, 08:56 PM
drew50
1st Gear Member

It may be the connections from the window switch through the wiring. Or maybe the motor is completely out.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:58 PM
bruehlc
1st Gear Member

I have gone through a few window motors in my life, and I know that the click means the window is getting power and switch. So if you deduct the two, all that is left is a window motor. Sucks that the motors always go out when the window is DOWN!
Old 08-10-2008, 09:40 AM
duche

thanks alot, but is there anyway of gettin the window up till i can take it to a shop? or is a motor easy to replace with basic tools?
Old 08-10-2008, 10:53 AM
bruehlc
1st Gear Member

The best thing to do is go ghetto. Take a piece of plastic drop cloth and duct tape the window closed. Drive around for a few months like that. Adds about 15HP. Lots of Cadillac's runnin round here like that!

The window can only go up with the motor removed. Any force to close the window manually may cause damage to the regulator guides.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:52 AM
drew50
1st Gear Member

The motor shouldnt be too hard to replace. I think it comes down to if you want to sit around with the patience to do it or if you'd rather just pay someone else to do it. You'd have to take the door panel and the plastic behind it off and take out the speaker.

Quick Reply: Window Wont Go Up