General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Eagle Talon TSI

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 03:14 AM

Default RE: Eagle Talon TSI

ORIGINAL: 2001 GT

For one, his car doesn't have headers so hes probaly a clueless ricer if he claims so. bonus points for you
Headers is probably the thread starter not remembering that it's a four banger... so he has a header... which I also doubt since that's where the turbo sits.

Old 05-14-2005, 03:19 AM
JonBeast

ORIGINAL: 2000Si

ORIGINAL: 2001 GT

For one, his car doesn't have headers so hes probaly a clueless ricer if he claims so. bonus points for you
Headers is probably the thread starter not remembering that it's a four banger... so he has a header... which I also doubt since that's where the turbo sits.
Yes, it goes from the block towards the front of the engine bay, they refer to it technically as an exhaust manifold. The turbo goes close by it.
Old 05-14-2005, 03:40 AM

A turbo is bolted to an exhaust manifold, a header bolts directly to the downpipe. NA engines use headers, Turbo engines use exhaust manifolds. Therefore he has no "header".

Old 05-14-2005, 05:24 AM
tyybo
3rd Gear Member

I still dont think its going to be even close, we are talking about almost double horsepower here. As long as you know how to drive the cobra, you should kill it.
Old 05-14-2005, 05:25 AM
RAGNAROK
2nd Gear Member

Talons are no joke . If this kid has a bigger turbo , w/ intake & exhaust you might get an unpleasant suprise. However like they said , he has an exhaust manifold. Sometimes I hear people referring to their turbo headers they bought on ebay. The reason this probably happens is because sellers type crap like "95-98 Talon , Eclipse,Turbo, header, exhaust manifold" so that anyone searching for any of those words will see their post . I guess kids just pick up on that stuff and repeat it when people ask about their mods so they sound like they are "2ners"
Anyway here are the scenarios i am seeing.

1. If you really got 400h.p. and he is running stock turbo on ANY
year Talon w/ intake + Exhaust , he might jump you on the line but he
won't be much to get nervous over.
2. He could be misleading you about his setup on purpose and he is going
to royaly rape you.
Old 05-14-2005, 08:37 AM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

A friend of mine ran next to me in his 1st gen TSI. He has close to $13,000 in his (or so he claims) We ran at the 1/8th mile drag strip with me, he got 8.43, I got 8.14. For some reason though he's still running the stock turbo. He has an aftermarket one, just hasn't got it on yet. He told me he would sell it to me for $2500 with the turbo. I would buy it if I had the money.
Old 05-14-2005, 04:07 PM

ORIGINAL: tyybo

I still dont think its going to be even close, we are talking about almost double horsepower here. As long as you know how to drive the cobra, you should kill it.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention on that.

An 01 Cobra is going to spank that TSi with those few mods easily.

Old 05-14-2005, 04:27 PM
JonBeast

ORIGINAL: FoxGT

A friend of mine ran next to me in his 1st gen TSI. He has close to $13,000 in his (or so he claims) We ran at the 1/8th mile drag strip with me, he got 8.43, I got 8.14. For some reason though he's still running the stock turbo. He has an aftermarket one, just hasn't got it on yet. He told me he would sell it to me for $2500 with the turbo. I would buy it if I had the money.
Thats a good deal, 1st gens are like fox's, some people don't like the way they look, but they are wicked fast. 2500 with the aftermarket turbo included? Does he have a lot of probs with his TSI?
Old 05-15-2005, 01:21 AM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JonBeast
ORIGINAL: FoxGT
Thats a good deal, 1st gens are like fox's, some people don't like the way they look, but they are wicked fast. 2500 with the aftermarket turbo included? Does he have a lot of probs with his TSI?
Transmission problems, he said he would give me a 2nd transmission in good condition. He doesn't want to swap the transmission. & he told me the car likes to go through transmissions, so if I bought it, look into a stronger one.
Old 05-15-2005, 03:29 AM
tommy_t
2nd Gear Member

I use to have a 91 Talon. About the only good things about them is the quality of the body steel (never a spec of rust ANYWHERE) and the all-wheel drive. Otherwise, they are a mechanical disaster. Engine and transmission is crap. But, they are wicked fast, especialy with a big turbo.

Quick Reply: Eagle Talon TSI