General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

HELP!! 96 Cobra isnt fast enough!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2005, 02:37 AM
IWinULose
4th Gear Member

Default RE: HELP!! 96 Cobra isnt fast enough!!!

ORIGINAL: slobra1

nice mustang 94cbra... looks just like mine except mine still has a pony in the grill

Gotta have the snake in there.

(Sorry crower - not trying to hijack)
Old 05-23-2005, 04:57 PM
Deannostang
3rd Gear Member

You should have invested in a 1999+ Cobra. Much better cars for speed. Not to mention the '03 & '04 blown Cobra's were screamers........hhmmmm, I was always partial to "screamers". If you have a 32 valve V8 to start with, you can squeeze out alot more HP without too much trouble. Just takes a little tweaking here and there.....plus.......GEARS! You definitely need 3.73 or 4.10 gears to have that engine in its "sweet spot". Whole new car once you make the change.
Old 05-24-2005, 06:28 AM
crower

sure, I will be looking for one to swap my S3 if I find the breed reliable for everyday use. 2000 up SVT cobra Rs are pretty fly. There may be one or two here in Turkey, I may find a clean one. I want to swap to rwd cars altogether...

I will use the car on the street (Lets not imply what I will use it for since we have more...freedom... on the streets here in Turkey tho I do not want to make a bad example) so I shall not change to 4.11, since what I do is not limited to quarter mile straight. I need flexibility to drift through corners... A 14 second car is perfectly appropriate for what I do.

I am waiting for the actuator in the intake manifold. The motor was broken so I had to ship it in, it takes a while... Maybe I should have swithced to the hotter setting and lock it up there but the car will have a choppy idle and I wouldnt like that...
Old 05-24-2005, 03:11 PM
Deannostang
3rd Gear Member

Turkey? You're worried about not going fast enough in Turkey? I wouldn't think the roads could handle a Dodge Neon let alone a Cobra. Parts for anything must be a ball buster to acquire. I assume you are in the military. Many thanks for your service to our country and good luck with your ride!
Old 05-25-2005, 05:16 AM
crower

Phahhaaa u are way off dude, I am a German/Turkish halfling (I have both passports etc, funny stuff..) who lives in Turkey (Tho I attended UMUC Maryland and got a Masters Degree from Duke, hence my English is ok). I am a member of so called "Midnight Club" here. Even though the roads are like New York (cracked and potholed) over here there are people who drive fast. We have like a ridiculously powerful Supra a couple of supercharged and turboed Corvettes, tons of blown Camaroes. Small cars are very numerous. Pocket rockets like type-rs, s2ks souped up 106,206 and 306 Gtis. I used to belong to an old school dictate that runs stoplight wars now the new muscle and old school joined forces since newer muscle can take corners as well.

As part of a select group we dont like participating in legal events (which are funny in my opinion, here in Turkey. Buncha old dudes in pissing contest. They couldnt drift their way outta simple left hander...) so we need overall powerful cars that could handle. I have an S3 Audi that runs constant 14.1s but its at the end of its potential horsepower... Of course I could fiddle with the turbo but its never going to be reliable so better stick with the original unit... I got the cobra to drift in coastal runs by the strip, as to oppose youngsters with s2k hondas. As a matter of fact standard cobra will be rather slow...... but I will take care of it. We installed the BBK threottle body, adjusted the fuel pressure and mapping. If I get 280 hp on the road it should suffice... if its not fast enough we put a centrifugal supercharger on it...

Parts are buster for sure we pay %30 over the catalog price (normal people pay %50 but we buy a lot..) and we gotta wait like a week or two....European and jap parts come faster unfortunately. Most european cars use the same engine unit as bigger saloons do so they dont wait much. Jap tuner parts are hard to come buy, same as us. I am waiting for the actuator right now.... We may ship it today via UPS since it doesnt weight that much....