General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

does ford mess up on purpose?? why? why? why?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 01:31 AM
whiterabit998
2nd Gear Member

Default does ford mess up on purpose?? why? why? why?

the new V6 stang gets, 16mpg in city. the gt 15 and the shelby 14... WHY?? we need to start questioning authority and protest!lol chevy can put out a 20mpg 10,000lbs freakin escalade hybrid and ford cant?? so your telling me a car with 1.4 liters less displacement, take away a supercharger, fat wheels, 2 cams, 20 valves, 290hp and the best it can do is 2mpg better??? (v6 vs cobra) w t f

why can an evo make 900hp and still get 25+mpg??
why doesn't ford have active fuel management?
why are fords faces shaped like a brick so they suck on aerodynamics=bad mpg
why???

ford made that new 60mpg car and they don't want to release it in america because, get this, it runs on diesel... maybe its just me i live in texas, but i cant go to the gas station with out passing 10 diesel vehicles...

why are stock parts soo crappy that we all have to go out and spend thousands of dollars replacing just about everything?? why does ford charge $800 so add a filter, mufflers and a simple tune?

its because we put up with it!! if every one were to stop buying fords, (or any brand) watch how quick they "magically" come out with something amazing to make every one buy them again.

why has the basics of a 4 stroke engine not changed since it was invented??
internal combustion since 1800's???
the only thing that has changed, besides fuel injection is they added a bunch of sensors, that, you guessed it, tell you when its time to spend MORE MONEY.

they all break down at the same time with the same problems.
believe it or not ford pays a lot of technicians and engineers a LOT of money to research this, you'd think they could make a car that can go last 5 years without a major problem.

no they wont cuz then you wouldn't spend money fixing it, or buying a new one, its simple business.it they made a car that last forever then, you would never set foot on a dealership for ever! why would they want that??

fight the system its time for change!!
Old 10-19-2008, 04:50 AM
Hlistr_07RR
I always jizz first

Umm......nice rant?

What do you want everyone to do, stop buying Fords? Hate to tell you, but that's not going to solve anything. There will always be people buying their cars, and the small party you can get to follow you will make no impact whatsoever. It's like this with all cars, why single out Ford?

Hummer makes a 10 mpg H2, how do they sell?
Old 10-19-2008, 09:31 AM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Why are you comparing a V6 gas Stang to a HYBRID Escalade?

Gimme a link to an Evo that is 900HP & still gets 25mpg

Yea though about a 60mpg diesel car. I'm not aware of it, but yea I'd think that would sell ok in North America

Ford & others are working on internal combustion engine replacements. Stuff like fuel cells are currently very expensive to produce though. Most people are waiting for a revolution in battery technology that hasn't quite happened yet (at a resonable cost & is safe to use in a car)
Old 10-19-2008, 09:31 AM
Old Dirty Cracker

Pretty much already happening. Only they're getting taxpayer money to fix their screwups. Loans actually but the crap thing about it to me is the big 3 racketeered us out of having any smaller more flexible manufacturers. We should lend 10 billion each to five small companies with the most competent plans for a new car.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:57 AM
80'smusclecarfan
1st Gear Member

Ever see that scene in Fight Club where Edward Norton's character is checking out the burned up Crown Vic or whatever it was,and went into the spiel about a differential locking up on the highway etc etc. In a nutshell = Money
Old 10-19-2008, 01:00 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

Why do you drive a Ford?
Old 10-19-2008, 02:30 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

if you want good gas milage and an economical car buy a vette
Old 10-19-2008, 02:45 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GreyStang
Gimme a link to an Evo that is 900HP & still gets 25mpg

X2. LOL

My Sixer without blower pulls down 30+ mpg highway, and I lose about 3 mpg with the SC on and tuned city, and even less highway mpg.

Sore about your fuel ecomony, adjust the car. Not rocket science at all.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:58 PM
whiterabit998
2nd Gear Member

http://www.grist.org/news/2008/09/05/fiesta/

thats the 65mpg European ford
Old 10-19-2008, 10:01 PM
whiterabit998
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Old Dirty Cracker
Pretty much already happening. Only they're getting taxpayer money to fix their screwups. Loans actually but the crap thing about it to me is the big 3 racketeered us out of having any smaller more flexible manufacturers. We should lend 10 billion each to five small companies with the most competent plans for a new car.
thats a great idea! because i do not want to give any more of my money to huge companys

watch how quick they come out with something new and innovative.

Quick Reply: does ford mess up on purpose?? why? why? why?