General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

check engine light help

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 11:35 PM
quintanamj

Default check engine light help

Greetings to all my mustang family: Need some help on the infamous check engine light situation? Scenario: 2003 Mustang GT 4.6 w/ K and N air filter, BBK long tube headers, intake plenam magna flow exhaust the works, programmed with superchips tuner with eliminaters instaled to fool that pesky air sensor. Everything for the common upgrade of a stock GT. In addition added new air sensors. The pesky light returns to torment me, stays on for a few days goes away, back and forth. Have taken to experts (true blue performance)= Mustang gear heads and still no answers on the check engine light. Any (LIGHT) on this subject will be very apreciated. I want my honey to be perfect, I don't abuse her because she is my daily driver. Thanks to all.[:@]
Old 05-25-2005, 12:54 PM
prostockpuds

Default RE: check engine light help

what is the code that turns the light on
Old 05-25-2005, 11:45 PM
quintanamj

hello prosto, thanks for replying the code is giving is the O2 sensor, Ive changed both sensors, however I was told that long tube headers is a common problem for this because of the placement of these sensors? what do you recommend?
Old 05-26-2005, 10:00 AM
prostockpuds

there are four sensors on that car two are down stream two are up stream the upstream tell the ecm (computer) if the engine is running rich or lean the down stream tell the ecm if your cats are working properly so i guess my question is the code downstream 02 or upsteam 02 if upstream is it a rich or lean code
Old 05-27-2005, 12:07 AM
Bullitt_DHG

When I installed my o/r x-pipe had the same thing but I bought a predator tuning computer and it let me shut all that off.. Said it was for off road use only but what the heck... Haven't had any problems yet..
Old 05-27-2005, 02:40 AM
quintanamj

Thanks fellas for replying, Prod I don't know which code up or down it is for the O2 sensor, I really think it might be upstream becuse i think my cats are good they are pretty new? I will bring it back to my boys at true blue performance and have another reading done. Bulllit thanks for the advise however I spent a lot on this superchips tuner so i think i will hold off on the predator but on that same note is yours superior to my super chips tuner? if it is i will consider it a future purchase? most important point you brought up on lean or rich? will get to this this next week. currently my engine light has been off since i have been letting her warm up before i go. Your comments? thanks guys