General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Are mustang body kits unethical?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 02:51 AM
SilasMustangGT2007Red

Default Are mustang body kits unethical?

I REALLY love the Roush body kits and the Cervini Eleanor body kits. But...a question comes up...does putting body kit on my stang cheapen its appearance? Does it make me a ricer? I really can't decide because I have an unbelievable amount of respect for my car and mustangs in general, and I really don't want to degrade her. So my question is, is putting on a body kit that doesn't necessarily add to the 'stang's performance being no better than a ricer? I mean, the GT has enough horsepower for me right now (until, of course, I have enough for a Shelby GT500KR. ), but I want my mustang to stand out among all of the other ones in my town and get the attention she deserves.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:08 AM
Hlistr_07RR
I always jizz first

In my honest opinion, the cervini body kit looks retarded...but hey.

Go with what you like, or you'll constantly be changing her looks due to someone not liking something about it.

Roush is ok, Saleen is better. Cobra ftw
Old 12-22-2008, 05:23 AM
SilasMustangGT2007Red

What about the Cervini C-350?
Old 12-22-2008, 05:27 AM
Hlistr_07RR
I always jizz first

It's ok I guess....just don't like it as much as the Saleen kit
Old 12-22-2008, 05:43 AM
SilasMustangGT2007Red

I don't believe i've seen the saleen kit for the 05-currents. If there is one.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:16 AM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

"Real race cars" traditionally modified their cars body panels in order to increase wheelwell space for bigger tires, hood scoops for added engine clearancem spoilers to improve aerodynamics,, etc etc. EVERYTHING they did was for a functional improvement to the car in order to make it a better functioning car.

...then the steet tuners come along & start plastering all kinds of fake panels to their cars, lambo door kits, insane huge rear wings,, just because it looks neat-o

IMO it's OK to personalize a car by adding some subtle appearance mods. But when guys convert their V6'rs to look like firebreathing Rouchs/Saleens,, then yea I consider that ricey
Old 12-22-2008, 08:21 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

https://mustangforums.com/forum/memb...-mustangs.html

This is another example of the cervini kit...looks fabulous on Shella's ride
Old 12-22-2008, 08:42 AM
Icemizer

Not a fan of the Cervini hood at all. I think it ruins the flow of the car front to back. I agree with greystang above. Some subtle additions to your ride are ok. Add on to much and it looks like a toy and not an American Classic. Each persons line will be a little different one way or the other however.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:57 AM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

To me, form should follow function. I'm all for making something functional by changing the body. But slapped on, over done, non functional kits look off and are a pure waste.

Originally Posted by GreyStang
IMO it's OK to personalize a car by adding some subtle appearance mods. But when guys convert their V6'rs to look like firebreathing Rouchs/Saleens,, then yea I consider that ricey
It's not just a sixer thing. I've seen very fast looking yet slow stock motor GTs as well. And what about the real V6 Saleen and Roush cars?
Old 12-22-2008, 12:07 PM
thebrad

The only time I feel like any body mod is evil is when someone is pretending they are something they are not... as simple as a GT label on a V6.

One of the reasons I went with a mustang (besides being a massive Ford fan) is because of the vast array of after-market parts out there! How fun to head down your own mod road and then work toward making your car uniquely yours.

That said I haven't done any appearance mods yet... my 'stang is more of a grower than a shower so far!

Quick Reply: Are mustang body kits unethical?