General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

VERY VERY NOOB QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2005, 01:55 AM
xaerus

Default VERY VERY NOOB QUESTION

ok im 13 i do not have a car... or a licence i only drove my uncle auto but i was sonding on a manual with switching gears so you stop excererating and push down on the clutch and then shift or what
Old 06-06-2005, 02:00 AM
Black Snake
5th Gear Member

Default RE: VERY VERY NOOB QUESTION

Turn on the car by pressing down the clutch all the way ( make sure its in nutreul). To take off, just put it in first and then give it a little bit of gas while releasing the clutch slowly, its simple once you get the hang of it. You have 3 years of practice till you have to worry about it anyways.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:02 AM
xaerus

ohhh ok i get it but going for first to second you just let off the gas?
Old 06-06-2005, 02:02 AM
xaerus

and how do ppl do burn outs
Old 06-06-2005, 03:47 AM
03YellowPony
6th Gear Member

If you really want to do a nice burnie, give it some gas, to like 3 or 4000 rpm, and just move your clutch foot sideways..FAST!! And hold on! But I think you are a bit young to be doing that![sm=trust_me.gif][sm=badidea.gif] Learn to control the car first! [sm=gears.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]
Old 06-06-2005, 01:46 PM
mkspeed26
5th Gear Member

ya, you can let off the accel when u shift. if u do it fast enough u dont have to though
Old 06-07-2005, 12:35 AM
white_snake
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xaerus

ohhh ok i get it but going for first to second you just let off the gas?
when you switch gears from first to second , let off the gas and push in the clucth and shift, then slowly release the clutch and start tro push the gas again.
Old 06-07-2005, 03:28 PM
josh4rim
1st Gear Member

I have to wonder why at 13 you need all this info. Thinking about taking his car out for a spin while he is away or something?

The hardest thing about learning to drive a stick is going from a dead stop. The best way to start out is extreamly slowly let the clutch out once the car barley starts to roll press the gas in just slightly and continue to release the clutch. To do a burn out just rev the engine really high and let the clutch go.

But I am hoping that you are not going to do this until you are with an adult. Juvie jail is not fun so I hear.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:03 PM
99saleen351r
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mkspeed26

ya, you can let off the accel when u shift. if u do it fast enough u dont have to though
Oh good tell him to powershift!!!!!!!!!Thats just what he needs
Old 06-07-2005, 05:40 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: josh4rim

I have to wonder why at 13 you need all this info. Thinking about taking his car out for a spin while he is away or something?

The hardest thing about learning to drive a stick is going from a dead stop. The best way to start out is extreamly slowly let the clutch out once the car barley starts to roll press the gas in just slightly and continue to release the clutch. To do a burn out just rev the engine really high and let the clutch go.

But I am hoping that you are not going to do this until you are with an adult. Juvie jail is not fun so I hear.
Yeah I was wondering the same thing... a 13 year old should just ask his parents or uncle for this info.....[>:]

Quick Reply: VERY VERY NOOB QUESTION