General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Error message on my car Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 08:11 PM
Fobra
Banned

Originally Posted by BlueBloodedPony
Damn fobra. I am only going off of what he said, yes he said his filter was wet, but he never said it had separated or fallen from the maf. So, with a condition where he just came thru an automatic car wash where his engine is still running in a very wet environment, there is a chance that some water did do that. Is it just coincidence that he comes out of a wash and his car starts acting up? But yes, I would re-check all your connections just to make sure nothing came undone or that you didn't do something incorrectly.
Lol, sorry friend, my carrot was not meant to make the comment directed toward you, only generally what was said above, If I meant to speak to what you said, I would have quoted you... like this. Anyway, I see it was my fault, apologies.
Old 03-14-2009, 03:35 PM
krysiewicz
1st Gear Member

Just thought I d let everyone know what happened to my car, the car wash had just been the place it had nothing to do with it. I ahd the head mechanic look it over at ford, he looked it over and the spring on the throttle body was worn down bad he said it was bending it areas. so we got a new one and BAM it works out!!. Also bbk items dont need a tune and Ford told me that! they said if i tuned it I could gain another 1 or 2 hp but thats it. Just an update
Old 03-15-2009, 06:51 PM
harcraz1

Glad to hear that BUT that is not true about the hp gain you should be able to gain at least 15+ hp with the tune depends on the CAI, I added a Roush CAI to mine and straight from the box gained 15 hp w/o tune and gained another 15 with tune.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:19 AM
krysiewicz
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by harcraz1
Glad to hear that BUT that is not true about the hp gain you should be able to gain at least 15+ hp with the tune depends on the CAI, I added a Roush CAI to mine and straight from the box gained 15 hp w/o tune and gained another 15 with tune.
Ill have to check into that, now my cia is only a bbk which i dont mind Ive used them on other vechiles Ive had in the past! but im very pleased with the power Im at now and it feels so good to be driving my car once again!
Old 03-16-2009, 12:27 PM
dhollie86
1st Gear Member

Ok I ordered a BBK CAI for my mustang and will install it soon I see your problem was fixed but I know you did say something about water now my question is a little off topic but not by much and not worth making a new thread but I am looking and getting the cervini concept hood with the air flow kit( http://www.americanmuscle.com/cervin...cept-hood.html ) to add to the air flow getting to my engine.. now I live in minnesota where I will drive this in the winter and I think alot of salt and snow would get into the 2 air dams on the hood...... is that possible and if it did would it ruin my engine??

Last edited by dhollie86; 03-16-2009 at 12:28 PM. Reason: added link
Old 03-16-2009, 01:15 PM
krysiewicz
1st Gear Member

I called a very knowledeable ford tech and he stated that you get your filter life to go down alot, but you have to think about all the million other people that have cai and hoods like that. The water that touched my filter had nothign to do with the car going into "limp" mode. It was the fact the spring on the Throttle body was worn and not tight enough to work with the car and the actual pedal and the spring werent being recognized by the computer in the car. I wouldnt recommend driving in a pool with your car and Id remove snow from vents. But there is alot of people who have this hoods and dont have any issue. thats my opion and my friend who says that the filter will get dirty quicker and need to be cleaned alot more but thats all.

Originally Posted by dhollie86
Ok I ordered a BBK CAI for my mustang and will install it soon I see your problem was fixed but I know you did say something about water now my question is a little off topic but not by much and not worth making a new thread but I am looking and getting the cervini concept hood with the air flow kit( http://www.americanmuscle.com/cervin...cept-hood.html ) to add to the air flow getting to my engine.. now I live in minnesota where I will drive this in the winter and I think alot of salt and snow would get into the 2 air dams on the hood...... is that possible and if it did would it ruin my engine??
Old 03-16-2009, 01:55 PM
dhollie86
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by krysiewicz
I called a very knowledeable ford tech and he stated that you get your filter life to go down alot, but you have to think about all the million other people that have cai and hoods like that. The water that touched my filter had nothign to do with the car going into "limp" mode. It was the fact the spring on the Throttle body was worn and not tight enough to work with the car and the actual pedal and the spring werent being recognized by the computer in the car. I wouldnt recommend driving in a pool with your car and Id remove snow from vents. But there is alot of people who have this hoods and dont have any issue. thats my opion and my friend who says that the filter will get dirty quicker and need to be cleaned alot more but thats all.

ok so it should be ok other than I will have to change the filter or clean it more..... Would it even help my performance than I would feel??..... Should I just get the hood that looks like it but its closed and can't get anything in it??
Old 03-16-2009, 03:26 PM
mustangcat
Deputy CatDog - To Purr'tect and Explode

Originally Posted by harcraz1
30hp from a Tune+CAI ?
That seems awfully liberal.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:45 PM
krysiewicz
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangcat
30hp from a Tune+CAI ?
That seems awfully liberal.
LIBERAL YOU SAY UGH!! haha

anyway you should feel more difference in your car, your car basically runs off air the more air your car gets the more hp...blah blah blah...anyway im not sure exactlly how many more hp youll get from that hood instead of not getting it. Id call americanmuscle because they can answer that better than i ever could
Old 03-17-2009, 08:04 AM
harcraz1

Those were just numbers I was throwing out there point is there will be more than 1 hp gain he was told.

Quick Reply: Error message on my car Need Help