General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 09:31 AM
Karen0820

Default HELP!

Help! Mustang fuel tank issue!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a 2005 Mustang convertible which I just love -- but it's a BEAR to fill the fuel tank! It clicks off and won't accept gas & has even blown it back at me. I avoid going below 1/4 tank or filling in hot weather, but it's Florida & May, so don't have much choice there. Dealer is clueless. Can anyone HELP!!
Old 05-29-2009, 08:57 PM
900RR Puzzle
1st Gear Member

I don't know much about the newer Stangs, but it sounds like your tank vent hose (if so equipped) may be pinched or blocked. The air will have no where to go when filling the tank, except back up the fill tube.

I would think that this may cause other running problems, though.

That was the first thing that came to my mind. Maybe try another dealer or a shop that deals specifically in high performance late model Mustangs (if it's not under warranty still).
Old 05-30-2009, 07:47 AM
Obsequious1
5th Gear Member

Pull the filler neck out and inspect it for any kinks or something clogging it. Make sure your tank is not full.