General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

need some help

Old 10-15-2009, 10:31 PM
armyvet8492

Default need some help

ok guys i need some help and im not sure if this is the right forum so please let me know. i just got this 2000 stang and i like it alot. but im clueless on the alarm system. my key fob works the door locks and trunk right and when i press the red siren button the horn wont beep untill i press it twice. now theres a siren near the firewall on drivers side that has the wire cut. when i ran it direct to batt it worked. sometimes when i press the red button on fob the horn and lights just flashing and beeping out of control. why is the siren wire cut and how do i test the alarm? i got in the car window down hit the locks to lock and tried to open door nothing happen. can someone help me trace the problem and fix?...sorry so long winded..thanks
Old 10-16-2009, 10:13 AM
armyvet8492

can anyone give me a link or forum to help me out?...thanks
Old 10-16-2009, 11:56 AM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

Any Ford alarm will require two clicks of the key fob to engage the alarm.

As far as being activated, usually it would require tampering of the steering column with the alarm still activated, a broken window, etc.

Even with the wires the way they are, if you engage the key fob twice, and the alarm makes one loud beeping noise, the alarm is on, and working.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:31 PM
armyvet8492

ok thanks then i guess that part works..any idea about the siren near the fire wall? why would they cut the wires? is this an aftermarket system? the guy i got it from thought it was a viper but it didnt work when he got it...thanks GRABBER for the reply....
Old 10-16-2009, 07:58 PM
armyvet8492

i read a link on here about a red switch under the steering column. i found it what does it do? or what is it for? also about the siren near the fire wall,if its aftermarket where do i look for the main brain for it?....thanks all for the help

Search this Thread