General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

air ride

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 06:50 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Default air ride

So basically, I've come to the conclusion that I need to lower my car somemore. Initially, I cut my Bullitt springs, but as the days wear on, I want my car lower. Adjustable coil-overs would be the obvious choice, but there is a daunting problem. Living in California is awesome except for the gay *** speed bumpers everywhere. Seems like these sob's are everywhere and are high as a kite. My cats seem to hit a lot of them, sometimes no matter what angle, or how cautious i proceed over them. AND MY CAR ISN'T EVEN THAT LOW for crying out loud. Anyhow, I'm entertaining the idea of an air ride suspension, but first, I need questions answered and opinions. How do you think the ride will be? How stiff would my set up be, using bags? Install, does anyone have experience on how much or how hard it would be? Does anyone have experience with an air ride suspension set up? Chime in guys!
Cliffs
Getting sick of speed bumps
Want to get air ride to get as low as i want and raise up for speed bumps
need questions answered
Does anyone have experience with an air ride suspension set up?
Install, does anyone have experience on how much or how hard it would be?
How do you think the ride will be?
How stiff would my set up be, using bags?
Old 11-09-2009, 07:50 PM
ryan1994mustang
4th Gear Member

see OT post....
Old 11-09-2009, 08:42 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Thanks for the input! You seem like the only one who has any interest in my question.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:57 PM
heartinacage
3rd Gear Member

I would go to www.ridetech.com and talk to the guys on ther forums there. they seem to have used Air Ride on everything.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:03 PM
ryan1994mustang
4th Gear Member

no p. we put together our kit with air lift products from www.suicidedoors.com not sure if they have vehicle specific kits though.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:11 PM
Mirage
1st Gear Member

Hmm... I'm just brainstorming here, but if you put a lift system (the stuff that drug dealers use to bounce their cars) on with your existing suspension, wouldn't you be able to cruse around with normal suspension and raise your car 3-4" when you need to clear a speed bump? I dont know a whole lot about this system (barley anything infact) but it seems fairly possible. As an added bonus you might be able to cut your springs even more.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:20 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by Mirage
Hmm... I'm just brainstorming here, but if you put a lift system (the stuff that drug dealers use to bounce their cars) on with your existing suspension, wouldn't you be able to cruse around with normal suspension and raise your car 3-4" when you need to clear a speed bump? I dont know a whole lot about this system (barley anything infact) but it seems fairly possible. As an added bonus you might be able to cut your springs even more.
Innovative..............but I don't wanna do that lol
Old 11-11-2009, 08:53 PM
ryan1994mustang
4th Gear Member

mirage... the bouncy crap that drug dealers use is usually a hydraulic system. it uses fluids(liquids) to lift/lower the car. the air bag systems use air to raise and lower. air is much more compressible than a liquid is, that is why the hydraulics get more of the jerky motion than air suspension does, and they are a much rougher ride than air bag suspension.... but either way, each system goes in place of your traditional spring setup. if you had super small air bags, then it could be possible to put them both on with lots of fabrication, but not really practical. im sure it has been done somewhere though.