General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Does this sound like the clutch ?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 04:01 PM
Wade_Racer

a question?? could it be possible that the belt is slippin a lil causing it to jerk or lug like it did, because i went out there and was just looking around under the hood a lil bit and noticed the belt has alot of cracks in it and looks wore out pretty bad, but my question if it is slippin could it slip without me hearing a chirp??? because i didnt hear anything?
Old 11-24-2009, 04:20 PM
TimmyGt
3rd Gear Member

i wouldn't be too shocked if it just needed new spark plugs because of carbon build up on them, for the $20 or so for the new spark plugs you should maybe just replace them anyways. you should also run some injector cleaner though the car the next time you fill up with gas and always use the higher octane if it isn't a DD. the car will love you for it and run better when you use higher octanes
Old 11-24-2009, 04:23 PM
Wade_Racer

yea i plan on changing plugs anyways, and ill def run higher octane it will def set alot this winter. whats a good plug for now the car is stock. I do plan on a few mods by spring??
Old 11-24-2009, 04:26 PM
TimmyGt
3rd Gear Member

if its cracked I would replace it anyways but no it normally wouldn't cause the motor to jerk, just die. you would notice your lights getting dim or your car running hot if the belt was slipping. it can slip without the noise if they put something like soap on it so you would buy it without having to fix it!
Old 11-24-2009, 04:29 PM
Wade_Racer

Yea im figuring out this car had more ploblems than the dealer said but its a awesome car i am just gonna have to give her a lil TLC they said it was PERFECT!! lol
Old 11-24-2009, 04:34 PM
TimmyGt
3rd Gear Member

I use Bosch plugs but autolite or motorcraft are probably the best choice for the stock motor.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:37 PM
Wade_Racer

ok thanks
Old 11-25-2009, 03:32 PM
toplessLx
1st Gear Member

the fuel filter is a good possibility to. The car may be being starved for fuel. and the fact that it has now cleared up says it has temporarily righted its self. which to me says it prolly isnt the plugs. I would def. check/replace the fuel filter. injector cleaner is a good thing but it doesnt get everything especially in the filter.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:45 AM
Wade_Racer

ok lets start a debat ???? What is the best fuel injector cleaner IN EVERYONES OPINION?????
Old 11-26-2009, 02:40 PM
hiboostwoody
3rd Gear Member

I use Seafoam. Works awesome. Justice Brothers also makes a very good product.

Quick Reply: Does this sound like the clutch ?????