General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New guy here with a question about ordering a new Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 05:00 PM
mailmandon

Question New guy here with a question about ordering a new Mustang

I just found this site so forgive me if I post in the wrong place,just correct me if needed. I am thinking about ordering a new GT but they have all kinds of standard equipment on them that I neither want or like.My question is: Does anyone know how to order a new Mustang without power windows/locks/mirrors and without air conditioning? I consider these items to be useless as I never have used the air on my 03 and hate power windows,etc.Anyone know if I can do this?
Thanks
Old 12-19-2009, 05:10 PM
MU71L4710N
5th Gear Member

contact your ford dealer?
Old 12-19-2009, 06:19 PM
mailmandon

Guy at dealer says no.I thought there may be a way around them.In the old days you could order one for racing purposes with practically no accessories to save weight.
Old 12-19-2009, 06:37 PM
sadface
2nd Gear Member

those days are gone if cars roll out without that power equip standard at this price point its not gonna sell.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:54 PM
MU71L4710N
5th Gear Member

pretty much what i was gonna say. a mustang GT is not a low end car. you won't find it sitting in a dealership without what is now considered standard equipment. there used to be a day where power windows and mirrors were a luxury option but we are well into the future as far as that goes and damn near all cars come with it standard (until you start getting into those small shoebox budget cars).

thats why i said your best bet will be contact your local ford dealer. they may or may not be able to help you because a 2010 mustang is going to come with those options standard from the factory. they may not have even designed it to have manual windows and such, in which case you will not be able to get it without the power options unless you pay alot more than the car will be worth to have it custom designed.

as far as the AC you can remove that yourself, but it sounds to me your just trying to skimp out on the price tag so thats not going to benefit you much.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:09 PM
mailmandon

No, not trying to skimp.I am just an old man who grew up without air conditioning and I do not like it.Don't need it where I live.I like the windows down.Remember vent windows?I special ordered a 84 T bird with them.Only saw 2 in my life with vent windows.I don't like power windows because every car I have had with them has had a motor failure with them.
I guess you are right.Those days are gone.Either people now are spoiled or I am an old fart.Just don't want to buy what I do not want to use.Thanks....ole fart
Old 12-22-2009, 08:56 PM
wev567

They do make a drag racing version of the Mustang that's all stripped down but it's not street legal, and there's all the Shelbys, KRs, Bullits and so on. They probably make one that meets your requirements for crank windows, radio-delete and all. Probably best to find a big dealer with some racing affiliation or who has more than just GTs on the lot and see what they can find. It won't be cheap, but it will be different.
Old 12-25-2009, 10:14 AM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Have you considered buying an older stang? There are lots of perfectly kept and/or restored stangs on the market if you're willing to buy one that's further away & have it shipped or drive it home yourself.

A favorite year of mine has always been the 1970 Stang, which is kinda the year the new stangs are modelled after. Trust me you'll have no problem finding a '70 Stang without A/C or power windows and you'll also wind up with a car that's unique! Buy a new one and you'll see others driving the same exact car dozens of times each day.. not so with an older one!
Old 12-26-2009, 12:04 PM
Snitz
1st Gear Member

there is really no way to do it unless you take them out yourself if you just are looking at the new gt, there are shops that will dress up a mustang any way you want but those are pretty expensive, and why not just not use the air conditioning thats not too hard, power windows have come a long way as well, i wouldnt expect any on a 2010 to fail for a while, and if they do and your buying a new car bumper to bumper...you might not be able to get exactly what you want out of it but at least you'll know your driving a cool car =D
Old 12-27-2009, 09:04 AM
Chopper
5th Gear Member

I'm an old man who grew up without A/C or power anythings and wouldn't give them up now for anything.
Unless you're going to keep the car forever it won't have much resale value especially if you live in Alabama.