General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

sound right

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 11:20 PM
Scooterman
2nd Gear Member

Default sound right

ok well heres the story, my car lately has been almost overheating alot to the point where steam comes out and coolant leaks out... then we took out the thermostat and it basically solved the problem and everythin is fine again.. y would that be?
Old 07-20-2005, 11:30 PM
99saleen351r
4th Gear Member

Default RE: sound right

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.......HHHHMMMMMMM........... ...... Let me think.............A bad thermostat maybe????????Wasn't that a self explanatory question

Honestly man you need a good mechanic ,that car is killing you!
Old 07-20-2005, 11:35 PM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

I agree!
ORIGINAL: 99saleen351r

Honestly man you need a good mechanic ,that car is killing you!
Old 07-21-2005, 01:51 AM
Scooterman
2nd Gear Member

i do have a mechanic, he told me that it was b/c the radiator was clogged and he said to take it out for a little bit to stop the temperature rising high, and it worked, but i was just curious of why takin the thermo out would solve everything, i wanted to c what u guys thought
Old 07-21-2005, 02:03 AM
Kendawg

Umm... yea a thermostat not opening up will cause your car to overheat........ it doesn't let coolant flow through your radiator.... everything is ... right
Old 07-21-2005, 02:08 AM
Kendawg

wait wait... you took the thermostat out and left it out?? umm.. no that didnt fix anything, get a new mechanic.

yur not gonna fix a clogged radiator by taking the thermo out, doubting that's even your problem.

Old 07-21-2005, 02:15 AM
Scooterman
2nd Gear Member

alright newb then explain to me what the problem is.. this guy works on stangs for a living he nos wtf hes talkin about.. and yea after i took it out the car didnt overheat.. hmmm coincidence? im just listening to the professionals here.. and so far they no what there talkin about with every ptoblem ive had with the car....
Old 07-21-2005, 02:19 AM
Kendawg

Ok, man. I might be a "newb" to this site, but i also happen to be a technician... so if you dont want my advice i wont offer it up any more. But dont talk smack like that, you can't even tell if you have a hydrolic clutch..... Peace.
Old 07-21-2005, 02:39 AM
Scooterman
2nd Gear Member

well its disrespectful to me if ur gonna laugh at hwat im telling u.. im no mechanic.. i just got my car and im posting here to get some advice, not get laughed at, not my fault that when i took out the thermo the car ran good and didnt overheat or nothin.. so maybe u shouldnt criticize
Old 07-21-2005, 02:40 AM
Scooterman
2nd Gear Member

so tell me, i no i have a clogged radiator, u bein the technician.. what should i do? please

Quick Reply: sound right