General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

About Answering Tech Questions-Sticky/Top??

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 12:00 AM
99saleen351r
4th Gear Member

Default About Answering Tech Questions-Sticky/Top??

I know everyone wants to help and answer questions but it seems lately everyone is giving there opinion and not answers.People ask to get the right answer not thoughts on it and usually crazy thoughts,It worries me that someone is going to get hurt by all the bad info flying around on here.It seems people come in for fun and dont realize that the people are looking for correct answer,some for serious problems that people give answer that have nothing to due with the problem .Now they have to worry about who to listen to because they dont know who's right...You know what I'm saying??Working on cars is fun and lets try to keep it fun not dangerous which some answers I see could be unless they are corrected by someone who actually knows what there talking about.So please everyone answer question that you know and can help with,dont answer for the post count or to add your thoughts.Someones life could be riding on it.

This is by no means directed to anyone imparticular, its to everyone.There are alot of knowledgeable people on here and if you dont knowthe answer let someone who does know answer so there is no confusion with the answers

Edit:I mean this in the nicest way possible, I'm not trying to ruffle anyones feathers. I'm not even sure that anyone else feels this way but it just seems crazy lately!.......No??If I'm wrong let me know[8D]
Old 08-02-2005, 12:57 AM
ghoste
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: About Answering Tech Questions

Agreed.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:29 AM

I agree, but I should say...if your doing something important to your safety (Like installing a rear axle, not waxing and washing) consult a professional. You should never put your life into the hands of someone on the internet. If you do, that's not very smart.

On forums you should maybe be searching for people's opinions, general discussion, and tips on minor things. If it is something that your life depends on, really...ask a professional.

Old 08-02-2005, 09:39 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

hang from JD's nuts much?
Old 08-02-2005, 11:43 AM
99saleen351r
4th Gear Member

Whats this have to do with JD????
Old 08-02-2005, 12:25 PM
Y2K TRIBUTE MUSTANG
1st Gear Member

I have been recognizing the same things going on. Thanx for bringing it to all of our attentions. I guess it is something everyone can learn from. Anyway 99Saleen thanxs for all your advice on my projects.

P.S. I will try running those wires through my firewall tonight. Thanks alot.
Old 08-02-2005, 01:25 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: 99saleen351r

I know everyone wants to help and answer questions but it seems lately everyone is giving there opinion and not answers.People ask to get the right answer not thoughts on it and usually crazy thoughts,It worries me that someone is going to get hurt by all the bad info flying around on here.It seems people come in for fun and dont realize that the people are looking for correct answer,some for serious problems that people give answer that have nothing to due with the problem .Now they have to worry about who to listen to because they dont know who's right...You know what I'm saying??Working on cars is fun and lets try to keep it fun not dangerous which some answers I see could be unless they are corrected by someone who actually knows what there talking about.So please everyone answer question that you know and can help with,dont answer for the post count or to add your thoughts.Someones life could be riding on it.

This is by no means directed to anyone imparticular, its to everyone.There are alot of knowledgeable people on here and if you dont know let someone who does so there is no confusion with the answers

Edit:I mean this in the nicest way possible, I'm not trying to ruffle anyones feathers. I'm not even sure that anyone else feels this way but it just seems crazy lately!.......No??If I'm wrong let me know[8D]
+1
Old 08-02-2005, 03:44 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: 99saleen351r

Whats this have to do with JD????
cause he posted something just like this in the 4.6 section.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:16 PM
99saleen351r
4th Gear Member

Oh...I dont ever go in there.We must be thinking alike!I just cant stand all the stupid answers that fly around in here
Old 08-02-2005, 10:07 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

haha.. yeah. i try not to reply when i don't know something. then again, i don't know anything to begin with, i just go by what i have already done or heard the people who know what they're talking about say.

Quick Reply: About Answering Tech Questions-Sticky/Top??