General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Big door ding dent :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 12:11 AM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Default Big door ding dent :(

I usually park in the back of parking lots far away from any other cars. Occasionally you get that guy that parks next to you for whatever reason. Well I just detailed my car and noticed a big door ding in the passenger side. It sticks out like a sore thumb. I'm going to try the blow drier/air can method and see if that works. I have a feeling it might be too small for that to work though. I'm wondering if I pull off the inside panel that you use to get to the speakers if that has easy access to the metal on the other side, or if its covered by foam or something? I've never taken that off so I have no idea but I would like to try and tap it out if I could and if its easily accessible...
Old 07-02-2013, 12:32 AM
calistang05
2nd Gear Member

Man sorry to hear that happen it seems like nice cars like yours are magnets for some aholes to park next to just to make there car look important. Good luck with removing the dent I know you'll probably lose some sleep over this I know I would.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:16 AM
HIONPSI
1st Gear Member

Paint less dent removal is your friend. Its cheap and it works. Its worth the money rather than doing it yourself if you're not familiar with it. Tapping out dents from the inside is an art. You do it wrong and you have a wavy piece of metal.