General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

To all V6 owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 06:41 PM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

2002 Cobra, really
Old 02-26-2011, 08:39 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Antonio323
aaquib Should've smashed on him, haha. I just get little ricers, Infinitis, and BMWs (cockiest drivers there is, ugh) trying to race me. A couple of weeks ago, I was with my girlfriend and got a red light next to a guy in a 2002 Cobra and he just started revving his car and he just kept trying to let me get ahead of him so that he can just pull up on me, haha. He was just trying to provoke me. Don't mean to hate, but stock Cobras aren't the fast cars they used to be.
Haha, yeah but its really a waste tearing up a chevy suburban...

Snakebite, I'm sure antonio meant 2003 or something cobra.. But in case he really did mean 2002, http://www.mustangcobrasvt.com/2002-...g-cobra-specs/ THEY EXIST LOL!

Last edited by aaquib1992; 02-26-2011 at 08:42 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:03 PM
DougFL
1st Gear Member

Default 350Z vs Stang

Ok, obviously I am a little biased here, but any Mustang (V6/GT/etc) over any crappy ricer Z any day. Talking bone stock of course. Think about this. The Z is based off of a sport car platform from what a few years running in the 80's? The Mustang legacy has been a non-stop evolution of true American muscle for over 45 years now! That is 4 decades of constant improvement coming along with the obvious gains and changes in automobiles in general.

Ford gets it right with the Mustang as they have R&D'd many of the design specs over and over and over. While the Z is based on a previous platform, it is still a relatively new design. The torque they throw out sucks ***. They look like VW beetles and sound like crap. I see them all over down here in South Florida. As you can probably tell by now I hate ricer cars like that fast and furious motivated garbage.

You have the base now by having the stang. When you get to modding heavy you do need money to keep rolling but if you stick with the basics and little by little you can see gains and increases over time - start with that - the good ol intake, some tunes, some gears, and just increase what you can when you can. Have fun with it and good luck!
Old 02-27-2011, 01:20 PM
Antonio323
4th Gear Member

Ok cockbite64, a new edge cobra just so u won't get your panties all in a bunch. Doug you're absolutely right, Mustangs are better (biased of course) but I just think that the Z has the ideal speed any V6 sports car should have. And I actually like 350Zs, they look really nice. And if anything, I think the new Audi TTs look a little more like beetles.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:50 PM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

^^^temper temper bwah. I see you take it hard when being corrected so alas I will not dare do it again. Better. Hey DougFl please do not bite off my head but the Datsun/Nissan Z program is only 6 years newer than the Mustang re 1964-1970. Don't take me wrong as I would rather a Mustang V8 all day every day over the Z
Old 02-27-2011, 06:56 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Snakebite64
^^^temper temper bwah. I see you take it hard when being corrected so alas I will not dare do it again. Better. Hey DougFl please do not bite off my head but the Datsun/Nissan Z program is only 6 years newer than the Mustang re 1964-1970. Don't take me wrong as I would rather a Mustang V8 all day every day over the Z
Wow, the z's are older than I would have ever guessed. Was datsun part of nissan? Cause I remember the name (datsun) it sounds familiar, but never really associated the two.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:03 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
Wow, the z's are older than I would have ever guessed. Was datsun part of nissan? Cause I remember the name (datsun) it sounds familiar, but never really associated the two.
Datsun WAS Nissan (at least in the US market). Nissan sold cars under the Datsun brand name in Japan until they started phasing it out in favor of Nissan in the late 60's. For the US, they changed it to Nissan in 1981.
Old 02-27-2011, 07:36 PM
DougFL
1st Gear Member

[QUOTE=Snakebite64;7438172Hey DougFl please do not bite off my head but the Datsun/Nissan Z program is only 6 years newer than the Mustang re 1964-1970. Don't take me wrong as I would rather a Mustang V8 all day every day over the Z[/QUOTE]

Bite off your head? Why would I do that? lol Did I come across harsh somewhere at some point? If so I apologize as it was certainly not intentional.

Wow. I didn't realize the Z program went back that far. But still, look how many years the program for such a model sat dormant... whereas the Stang program ran consecutive without stopping. Granted maybe that does not have a WHOLE LOT to do with it all in the grand scheme of things, but still the R&D for the Mustang models ran consecutive for all those years....
Old 02-28-2011, 05:24 PM
Snakebite64
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DougFL
Bite off your head? Why would I do that? lol Did I come across harsh somewhere at some point? If so I apologize as it was certainly not intentional.

Wow. I didn't realize the Z program went back that far. But still, look how many years the program for such a model sat dormant... whereas the Stang program ran consecutive without stopping. Granted maybe that does not have a WHOLE LOT to do with it all in the grand scheme of things, but still the R&D for the Mustang models ran consecutive for all those years....
No no you were not a bit harsh with any of your posts. I had a small run in with a 20 year old member that called me names the big meanie when I said something about the lack of there being a 2002 Cobra. When I mentioned that the Z has been around for 41 years I did not want you calling me CACKBITE64 is all tehehehehe Again you were more than pleasant and happy postings lol Oh just a list of the Z's for your info, 240Z, 260Z 280Z 300Z 350Z and lastly the 370Z

Last edited by Snakebite64; 02-28-2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:18 PM
DougFL
1st Gear Member

lol SNAKEbite. I didn't even notice that at first. lol

Quick Reply: To all V6 owners