General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Ripped off

Old 09-08-2005, 02:56 PM
wolfey

Default Ripped off

I was wondering if anybody has ordered from http://www.crossroadzdirect.com/ I ordered a pony lighter from them on 08/22/05, and still havent gotten it yet. I have emailed them 3 times, the last being a kind of threat that i would report them if i didnt hear from them soon regarding my order. Everytime i call by phone i get a message saying their mailbox is full, and then it says hangup. Beginning to think i got ripped off, but the site looks legit to me. Anyone having ordered from them and received their order, let me know. Thanks.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:35 PM
YinYangStang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Ripped off

Never ordered from them, but if you're concerned, there's more checking you can do. Check with your credit card company to see if they have processed your payment yet. If so, perhaps there's hope that they are just slow shippers. If not, you could have the credit card company block payment to CrossRoadZ until they contact you about the order. Good luck, and let us know what the end result is.
Old 09-08-2005, 10:45 PM
wolfey

K The guy finally contacted me. He said he is going out of business, and he supposedly credited my credit card. As of yet, there isnt a credit, but my banking is done later, so i'll keep you posted.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:09 PM
wolfey

Oh and the guy was a real jerk! He sent me sarcastic emails saying that he had no intention of ripping me off. Imagine that, it took a threatening email for him to just respond. Anyways, i asked him how he would feel if the shoe was on the other foot. Like i ordered this on 8/22/05, and this guy is just telling me he is going out of business, and crediting my credit card. Boy am i pissed![sm=badbadbad.gif][sm=headbang.gif] I sat around with my thumb up my butt waiting for something i never got. Oh well, glad he is going out of business!
Old 09-09-2005, 01:19 AM
Country1969
2nd Gear Member

I know what you mean, I bought Mustang Seat Belt Pads from seatbeltpads.com (actually their EBAY Store - cheaper price).
They are based in Canada. I waited and waited for them and nothing. I emailed them like 3 or 4 times. I tried calling them and I get you have to call between so and so time. I did and I get the same message. The first email was they were shipped and then I get a email stating that they were on backorder. So the last email I threatened to report them to Ebay. A few days later I get them on my porch.

It seems you push them hard enough, they will get it out to you. If you don't receive them soon, call your credit card company and tell them what happened. Something should get done about it.

I bought 2 sets (one for the front and one for the back) at $22.00/ set plus shipping a total of $50.00

I was getting nervous and was afraid I was getting screwed. I was going on vacation and wanted to have them here before leaving so they wouldnt be sitting on my porch the whole time I was away. My mom came down the house everyday to check for me. I called her and she said no. I was pissed.
Then the day I was leaving to come home, I called her and she said they were here. I came home and open them up to find them as stated.
They are very nice. I don't know how long they will last -because they are the satin finished.

I wanted my wife to make them,since she has a sewing machine and and embroidery machine.
I got the graphics for her, she has to add it to her software and memory card and put it in her embroidery machine.
Someday I will get her to try it.

I can stock pile the seatbelt pads away in a closet and just throw the dirty and worn out ones away.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:33 AM
DaGGer
4th Gear Member

i know also how you feel, i bought a cd player once from a no name place thinking "hey what a deal" bought it, took forever to get and it came in two different boxes so i payed like $20 for shipping so i could have two boxes delievered. got it put it and it worked and then boom didn't work, so i sent it back once again it took forever and then i they sent me a new one. of course this time when i shipped it back it only took $4 to ship it. got this one and from the box it didn't work, so i sent it back and told them i didn't want there product anymore and wanted my money back. well about two weeks later i was getting pissed because no money, so i email them saying if they didn't give me my ****ing money already they were going get a ****ing lawsuit and that they should sell ****ting products that don't work. So i got a nasty email back saying well you aren't buying name brand so what do you expect, i expected a company to acually sell a product that worked. So in the end i got my money back but took like 2 months and that without anything to listen to in the car, finally went out and bought a Pioneer 3700DEH-P cd player from walmart it works really good. I did send like 4 other nasty emails telling them how they can suck my **** and that there ****ing idiots who try rip people off.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:13 PM
Sneakrz

We too are having problems with Crossroadzdirect.com. We ordered $850 worth of rims and cant even get order or tracking info out of them… They don’t answer the phone, won’t answer their emails and refuse to provide customer service at the most basic level. I will never order through them again, they are a rip-off as far as I’m concerned.
Jeff
Old 03-11-2007, 04:53 PM
PONY GUY
4th Gear Member

hope ya paid with pay pal or a creditcard . If so you can go after them for fraude
Old 03-11-2007, 11:05 PM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

850 smackers. wow. I would be ready to kick their assssssss
Old 03-12-2007, 01:38 AM
Li0nHart
3rd Gear Member

when dealing with online sales i always give them 4 weeks to deliver...then i email them once...if no response within 7 days...i do a chargeback with my credit card company. i've had to do this 3 times in the last 9 years that i have been shopping online. ALWAYS USE A CREDIT CARD!!!!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ripped off