General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What cleaner works best for leather &..

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 08:18 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Default What cleaner works best for leather &..

I was just wondering if anybody can give me advise on whats a good cleaner to clean my leather with. As well as for the inside dash and such, armoral just don't seem right for a 2005 mustang ya know. I want to do it right this is my first car with leather interior so help from all would be appreciated. I dont want the cleaner to dry out my leather over time eather & I heard armoral cracks dashes in the hot sun and I live in Arizona so.

I'm also wonder what I use to polish up all the black parts of the car like the the mirriors, the ground effects under the door and the weather stripping also

Thanks
Old 09-11-2005, 09:52 PM
mtal1259
1st Gear Member

Default RE: What cleaner works best for leather &..

Hi Rick,
First off, stay away from the Armor All. It is not good for the car to use it too much. I am sure your parking your car in the garage, so the sun wont be too damaging, even in Arizona (I am in Gilbert AZ). As afar as leather cleaner, I use Lexol cleaner and conditioner. Its about $7 at Autozone for each. I have the red leather, and it really gives it a nice shine. I have only heard good stuff about it, so unless I hear otherwise, I will keep using it. I clean/condition about every 6 weeks, I dont want to overdo it.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:57 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Cool, thanks man appreciate the help & advice
Old 09-12-2005, 04:07 PM
cman332001
1st Gear Member

I use and have in the past on other vechiles McGuire's Leather cleaner... can get it at most car shops like NAPA....
Old 09-12-2005, 04:23 PM
redass02gt
EXTREME Moderation

I like meguire's stuff too. they have a low shine amor-all alternative too.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:48 PM
mtal1259
1st Gear Member

yes, Maguires is good stuff too. I think it might be a little more expensive, but hey we didnt spend 20-30K on a car just to use cheap products on it right!
Old 09-12-2005, 06:51 PM
closer9
2nd Gear Member

I too use Meguiars. I use the Rich Leather Aloe cleaner and condition (two seperate steps/bottles) and I can't remember who makes the stuff I use on the dash/door panels. I think it too is Meguiars, but maybe not. It's a low gloss stuff that's supposed to keep it looking new/factory. I HATE shiney interiors and tires...
Old 09-13-2005, 06:06 AM
UhadMEatGT
2nd Gear Member

I would also say Mequires. They have a cleaner and a conditioner. I would just use that on your seats. On everything else in the vehicle, I highly recommend the new Mequires full interior cleaner. Theres nothing else like it. Just simply, awsome. It will clean and put a slight sheen on everything. It cleans your dash, leather, gauge cover, electronic equiptment in your car such as your stereo, etc.......without damaging it. It doesnt look like armor all, where its all greasy and wet looking. It just makes everything look its best, like it is factory new with a very slight shine. The liquids clear, not white and thick like other types.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:20 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Cool thanks alot for the feed back guys , helps alot
Old 09-14-2005, 01:24 PM
99saleen351r
4th Gear Member

IMO lexol is far superior to meguiars but they do have great products to, but lexol seems to work the best on my seats and I have tried meguiars also

Quick Reply: What cleaner works best for leather &..