General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Stay away from "FORD OF CLERMONT"

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 08:29 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Default Stay away from "FORD OF CLERMONT"

Please everyone tell everyone you know to stay away from the Ford dealership in Clermont, FL.

I took my 2008 GT in for warranty work and they damaged the front chin spoiler by running it into a curb. After 2 wks of the service manager, Claude Nadle, not calling when he said he would and then giving excuses as to why when I did call in to talk with him about the status of getting it fixed, he tells me that they decided that they didnt damage the vehicle and arent going to cover the repair. They did say that they would split the cost with me however.

I rarely drive the car as it sits in the garage, in fact Ive put 6,000 miles on the car since sept 2010. Everywhere I go I back the car in as to not curb the front end, so I know it wasnt damaged when I took it in.

Also, when they called to say the car was ready from the original service work, I told them "I will be in this afternoon to pick it up", however when I realized I wasnt going to make it before they closed I had my mother stop by and pick it up for me, without informing the dealership of this. When she got there, all she told them was she was there to pick up a gray mustang. They have never seen her before and didnt know who she was yet they gave her the keys and paperwork to my car without checking ID or having her sign anything.

Please dont use this dealership for ANYTHING and tell everone you know to do the same. They are shady, lying, thieves.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:26 AM
im_stuck_in_iraq
2nd Gear Member

bastards
Old 03-16-2012, 11:59 AM
MajMotorsports
1st Gear Member

that blows man, hate to hear those kind of stories but it happens.

I had a problem with a Ford dealer once. i purchased my truck 6 years ago, 2-3 weeks after I got it, barons went out in my axle(someone overtighted them, and basically cracked them), went back to the dealer that i bought it from to get it fixed, they wouldnt do it because it wasnt covered in my "warranty" but i could pay them to fix it. I pulled my truck and took it to a reliable garage about a hour away from my home.
Old 03-16-2012, 01:26 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Typical. They'll get on their knees and blow you in the show room to try and sell you the car. Then they try to get even and bend you over every time you take it in for service!
Old 03-16-2012, 09:46 PM
MajMotorsports
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
Typical. They'll get on their knees and blow you in the show room to try and sell you the car. Then they try to get even and bend you over every time you take it in for service!
true that, especially to buy a brand new car/truck. I went to dealer the other week because i saw a nice used truck in the lot. I mentioned i'll probably sell my truck privately, they were like, i can probably give ya $6000 for your truck plus i'll give you this and that (there was some kind of sale going on), the saleman didnt even look at my truck, but i walked from his "offer" because the truck wasnt that nice up close, also they were pushing me to get a brand new truck instead of the used one i was checking out.
Old 03-18-2012, 05:11 AM
3rd Gear Member

so they are willing to foot the bill for repairs of damage they didnt create?
and you want me to stay away from them!?! why? i got plenty of things on my gt that need repair that they didnt break. theyre going to pay half? im on my way!!

ok, but seriously, call ford headquarters and start bitching.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:33 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 9550
so they are willing to foot the bill for repairs of damage they didnt create?
and you want me to stay away from them!?! why? i got plenty of things on my gt that need repair that they didnt break. theyre going to pay half? im on my way!!

ok, but seriously, call ford headquarters and start bitching.
I think you misread my story. I took my car in for service and the tech there ran the car into a curb, sratching up the chin spoiler. Now they are denying causing the damage but will split thecostof repairs.
Old 03-18-2012, 03:32 PM
Js88lx
3rd Gear Member

If they are willing to pay half the cost's of the scratch then there is some guiltiness goin on which they know they most likely damaged your stang!! i'd keep bitchin till they fix it.., after all these bitches make alot of OUR hard earned money from us!!

Last edited by Js88lx; 03-18-2012 at 03:36 PM. Reason: added