General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Bomz cold air intake?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 05:28 PM
4600cc
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Bomz cold air intake?

Taking air from anywhere but under the hood produces the most hp. I had experimented tuning ignition maps with hot air and air from the outside. Taking air from under the hood averages a minimum of 4 BTDC retard. That's pretty much same as going from 93 to 89 octane.

All major name tuners, such as Saleen and Kenny Brown, take their cold air from either fender or bumper. MAC makes a nice ram air kit that connects to your stock airbox.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:04 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Kenny brown does suspension. And saleen uses the stock air box not a fender mount, so your wrong. Do you really have any clue what your talking about? Yes, a fender mount does take in cooler air, but where is all of this fresh air coming from? Your best bet would probally be that kit that has an opening that's under the front bumper that takes in cool air. A fender mount and an engine mount are about the same price.
Old 09-18-2005, 07:18 PM
MustangChris04
5th Gear Member

so a ram air would be most effective since its directly in the front bumper and its completly the coolest air because it taking air from the front before it gets heated up from the engine?
Old 09-18-2005, 07:35 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

^^ That would be correct.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:14 PM
4600cc
I ♥ Acer

Well I don't know what Kenny Brown does for Mustang, for panthers he uses Marauder airbox and takes air form the fender. Stock GT air box takes air from the fender also. That MAC ram air kit takes air from the outside and showels it into the air box. Dude, you calling me wrong even though I told you I've tested it during tuning.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:28 PM
Jugador
5th Gear Member

well they wouldn't sell heads and cams and intake manifolds and stuff if there was some cure all way to just route the air to dramatically increase horsepower. buy a cai cause it looks good or is cheap or whatever, but you're taking too much consideration here i think, especially 4600cc who started the whole retarded argument that pretty much doesn't even matter.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:49 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 4600cc

Well I don't know what Kenny Brown does for Mustang, for panthers he uses Marauder airbox and takes air form the fender. Stock GT air box takes air from the fender also. That MAC ram air kit takes air from the outside and showels it into the air box. Dude, you calling me wrong even though I told you I've tested it during tuning.
The more you talk the less you seem to know. I personally don't think you know anything about mustangs or cars in general for that matter, you seem to not have a clue what your talking about, like how you make a comment of what kenny brown does but yet you just admitted you don't even know what they do. And you also use saleen as an example and you don't even know they don't put on a CAI. So untill you get me some dyno sheets on this "test" you did, in my eyes you don't know jack.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:16 AM
crazycass_03
1st Gear Member

wow, all this just because I wanted to know if it was a good brand...lol.
Old 09-19-2005, 12:56 AM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

lol. It's ok, atleast you have alot of different views to look at now.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:57 PM
99saleen351r
4th Gear Member

Saleen does have fender pickups on older saleens such as ones that came with vortechs not twin screws...Sorry blue I didnt want to agree with him but some saleens do have cold air pickups such as mineDo you still love me???I do agree thou he has no idea what hes talking about and the more he talks the worse it is!!!

Quick Reply: Bomz cold air intake?