General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Battle of Exhuast

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 02:51 PM
pj1010
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Battle of Exhuast

www.mustangexhaust.com - sound clips of lots of exhaust set ups
Old 09-18-2005, 03:02 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

its all about what sound u like, raspy or deep, the best way is to hear set ups on cars and pick what u like. flows, mac, and slp loudmouthII's are very deep. bassani, loudmouth I's are more on the raspy side. as far as mid pipes goes h's are deeper, and X's are raspier. and all HP levels are about the same, so its more of a decision of the sound preference. Also i found that using sound clips on line to make a decision is as useless as **** on a bull, cus they all get distorted and sound pretty much the same.
Yeah, you can listen to those sound clips until you turn blue in the face, but until you actually hear them in person, you really don't have a clue.
Old 09-18-2005, 03:05 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 93StangLX

My buddy has a mach with MAC catbacks and MAC prochambers, they sound amazing...

Best bang for your buck

FLOWMASTER!!!!
I have to disagree. The best bang for your buck are the Ravins. They flow just as easily if not better, and are certainly cheaper than the flows.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:52 AM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

Also i found that using sound clips on line to make a decision is as useless as **** on a bull, cus they all get distorted and sound pretty much the same.
i hadnt heard a single car with my set up, or many others for certain, before i made my decision

i had a sound/tone i wanted when i went into exhaust shopping, and after listening to hunderds of clips across several different sites,, i only found two potential exhaust notes that i liked

i wanted a burble, a tone that although common, sounds too 'manufactured' with most of the exhausts i'd heard before in person..

i settled on borla because of a clip on mustangexhaust.com
it was exactly waht i wanted, a low, toned, muscular burble
http://www.mustangexhaust.com/sounds/BorlaStingercat-back,factoryH-pipe,factoryheaders,'03Cobra.mp3
^^ that made up my mind in case youre interested
so, i chose that catback, and wanted a o/r H for tone and volume, and got EXACTLY what i wanted, only 10x louder than i expected
so the whole clips do nothing bid is kind of mute, it is true in some instances, but not all
Old 09-19-2005, 02:02 AM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

best bang for the buck is anything that is stainless, it will out last the life of the car. why by an system for 250 and have it fall apart 2-3 years down the road.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:52 AM
zanderwitaz
2nd Gear Member

I got a upr X pipe. best midpipe for under 200. If i had the dough id get the bassani with cats. Like other members here, i dont want a mustang that sounds just like the rest, and I like the sound much much more. Where i live, all the trucks and suvs have magnaflows and flowmasters, so it gets old really really fast.
Old 09-19-2005, 02:24 PM
JetBlack_GT

I ended up running a Bassani Catback with a MAC O/R H pipe, And I love it. I havnt heard anything like it around here yet and I always have people tellin me how much they like it. Its a lot louder than I expected it to be but I'm alright with that. It just depends on how loud you want it to sound and what tone you want. The Bassani's and Borla's sound really good but then again you are spending about 2 to 3 times more for them when compaired to the Flows and such. Its all about preference.
Brian
Old 09-19-2005, 02:57 PM
StickShifty
5th Gear Member

i hate flows
Old 09-19-2005, 04:52 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

I have regular Magnaflows on my Cobra and it has a really unique and sweet kinda 'burble' to it, not the gurgle sort of noise you hear with a wide open exhaust. I will try to get an exterior audio clip tonight.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:38 PM
paulfm5.0
1st Gear Member

does your bassani catback have chambers or is it one of those straight through mufflers with the fiberglass insulation, ive got an O/R H also and im running the slp loudmouth II's with it and its very deep and gurgly but wont turn heads until im almost redlining it, im wondering if i should just swap them for the loudmouth I resonators so i can just cruise and have the ongoing gurgle im looking for, someone let me kno what they think cus im planning on either welding these loudmouth II's on for good this weekend or swapping them for the resonators

Quick Reply: Battle of Exhuast