General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
View Poll Results: A poll
JL Audio
26.32%
Pioneer
5.26%
Sony Xplod
0%
Kenwood
5.26%
Kicker
15.79%
JBL
10.53%
Rockford Fosgate
5.26%
Alpine
26.32%
Infinity
5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

BEST SPEAKERS

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 11:20 AM
matthockey32
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: BEST SPEAKERS

i think the best subs are JL audio. the best speakers are Boston Acoustic. Kicker sucks, Sony should just make the PS2, Alpine is good and in-expensive, Infinity is the white Alpine, and i just don't like kenwood, they sound weird when you crank it up.
Old 09-25-2005, 12:22 PM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

for component speakers, i say infinity from that list.......but one you didnt include, who i think probably is THE BEST, is Bose........but you cant buy them aftermarket, they HAVE to come from the factory for your car.

but subs, i had Kenwood's in mine, im buying another set soon. i loved 'em. my friend swears by alpine stuff, and another one of my friends swears by kicker. subs wise, theyre all pretty good.......i HATE sony though..........everything, head unit, speakers, subs, amps, everything. i wont own sony products.

and, supposedly, for the BEST sound, match everything. all kenwood, all alpine, etc, etc. of course some of the speaker/sub companies dont make headunits, so, headunits dont really matter, but, speaker wise, i think it does.
Old 09-25-2005, 02:33 PM
pj1010
3rd Gear Member

In my experience, audio components you can find in chain stores are usually garbage. And that's the truth.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:32 PM
stanglx2002
6th Gear Member

i have sony P5's in the car and they sound great but if you want the best then go with Audiobahn they are the best on the market
Old 09-25-2005, 05:49 PM
KillSwitchNY
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Grn N Gry 5OH

and, supposedly, for the BEST sound, match everything. all kenwood, all alpine, etc, etc. of course some of the speaker/sub companies dont make headunits, so, headunits dont really matter, but, speaker wise, i think it does.

Yeah i am definetly sticking to all the same speakers ..... thats why im taking this poll/post to get some ideas of what i should go with cuz one i start theres no turning back.....

as for Sony yeah i think they F'ing suck too ive had 2 sony xplod decks and some speakers all have no treble at all and cant handle bass.....

i am going to be using a pioneer premier deck, its from like 2 years ago but it still kicks *** with full EQ and MP3 and all that good $hit. im not overly joyed by pioneer speakers though
Old 09-25-2005, 11:42 PM
83beast
2nd Gear Member

hey, if u can wait untill just before christmas, then check out crutchfield. i got 900 bucks worth of components for my system for about 500. they sometimes have some mean deals.
ive got sony xplod 6*9s powered by a sony xplod amp, pioneer 4s and a sirius satellite radio equipped kenwood excelon deck. plus ive got a cheap clarion 12 sub with a kenwood excelon 800 watt amp. the sony and pioneer stuff came from walmart, but that was in the first month i had the car. its been two years of some loud music and the only prob ive had is the pioneers. too much bass! blown them twice. but for 40 a pair, i dont care.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:43 AM
Magiarn71
3rd Gear Member

I have all alpine in my truck with one exception. I told the guy at the shop that I wasn't a basshead, that I wanted a good range and clarity, not just low lows. He told me to use the alpines I wanted, but put MB Quart 6" in the doors and I couldnt be happier. I can adjust the 10's so I get lots of bass, but I never do. When you turn it up, its just as loud as it is clear. Thats what I wanted and I get nothing but compliments on it.
Old 09-26-2005, 04:19 AM
KillSwitchNY
2nd Gear Member

In my convertible what is the max that will fit in the rear .. the ones that are in the rear seat kick panel so to speak? i know the stock size is 5x7 will 6x9's work? and the doors are 6.5" will a 6 3/4 fit? and the dash speakers the 3.5"s any bigger there? or will nothing else fit
Old 09-26-2005, 04:50 AM
Magiarn71
3rd Gear Member

Stick with the original sizes, thats what theyre made for - no cutting. The exception is subs, cause you have to find a place for them. Its more important to match up your components and wattages, than it is to try and go alot bigger. I have two Alpine V12 amps, but they are not huge, yet because they are pushing exactly what the speaker calls for they sound great. (Youre better off putting 35w into a 40w speaker than putting 100w into a 300w.)
Old 09-26-2005, 05:29 AM
KillSwitchNY
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Magiarn71

Stick with the original sizes, thats what theyre made for - no cutting. The exception is subs, cause you have to find a place for them. Its more important to match up your components and wattages, than it is to try and go alot bigger. I have two Alpine V12 amps, but they are not huge, yet because they are pushing exactly what the speaker calls for they sound great. (Youre better off putting 35w into a 40w speaker than putting 100w into a 300w.)

Good point, i never thought of it that way...

i am going to try and fit my 2 12"s in the trunk of my convertible..... with that said you can see i dont care much for available trunk space... i have them in a box now and it would fit into the trunk but the only problem is it is too tall and the trunk wont close.... anyone know of any sites or stores that sells boxes made for convertible mustangs... i really dont feel like playing carpenter and making my own box at this point

Quick Reply: BEST SPEAKERS