General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

i need help

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2012, 07:59 PM
ant gibbs

Default i need help

my mustang 1998 gt has a real bad prob and i need help this prob just started it over heats and thick brown pasty stuff comes out of the radiator cap what is this and how can i fix i love this car but im bout to blow it up im so mad i try to flush out but did not work HELP!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2012, 04:02 AM
petrock
4th Gear Member

Most likely engine oil getting into the coolant. Good luck...
Old 11-05-2012, 09:57 AM
yardstick

Try flushing your radiator and cooling system. Replace thermostat.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:13 PM
Igotchya

Exclamation 3.8 Mustang ????MISSING????

I have a 1995 3.8. and just as of 2 days ago it started having an issue as if it seems like its missing. but only when I try to half throttle the car or more. I can gently get on the gas and it runs fine. What could be happening. The car does have a few bolt ons. one in question with the problem thats happening is the new MSD hypercoil pack, MSD 8.5 MM wires, and the NGK-R plugs. I have already used a bottle of HEET water remover to rule out water or any type of moisture in the tank or fuel lines, un-plugged the O2 sensors to see if they were the problem. And the issue it still there. What else could I check or do to diagnose this problem???? Thanks!!!!
Old 11-05-2012, 11:57 PM
ant gibbs

so i flushed out the whole cooling system and put new radiator and water pump and thermo filled it up with just coolant and replaced radiator cap and now everything is ok my temp dosent even go over the beginning line nice now on to my air bag light its giving me a code 12 any ideas
Old 11-06-2012, 04:19 AM
petrock
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ant gibbs
filled it up with just coolant
You don't want just coolant. You want a 50/50 mix of coolant/water. Give it a good week or so of normal driving and re-check the condition of the coolant to see if the problem comes back. Good luck...
Old 11-07-2012, 06:20 PM
Stevo86
3rd Gear Member

engine oil and coolant is milk white, the radiator in question is rusted and needs to be replaced. Rust is clogging the passages and causing the car to overheat
Old 06-07-2017, 05:47 PM
Paul Blakey

I agree with Stevo86. sound like you could use a new radiator. I would also get a new upper and lower hose since as well since they may be gunked up too. dont forget to flush the rest of the system and throw in a new thermostat since the current one may also have rust on it as well.

goodluck!
Old 06-08-2017, 06:11 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Check the dates on the thread before replying. I'm hoping he has it fixed by now lol.