General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Someone Backed-up Into my New Pony

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 04:34 AM
AmericanMuscle
1st Gear Member

Default Someone Backed-up Into my New Pony

I've had my 06' premium coupe for 8 days now. I decided to take it to my evening class, because it was such a nice day out. Long story short, I parked it away from everyone in the parking lot behind the building to my class (because no one parks there). I came out half an hour later, to find a 3 inch DEEP dent on the front of the hood, a bumper that is scratched to ****, a cracked grill, a loose right headlight.. not to mention the bumper was pushed through the mount under the hood. In other words a truck/van/SUV backed into it, then took off before I got back to my car. So I called the cops, and I'm going to fill out a report tomorrow morning after my job interview... on top of that, when I got home the dog had escaped because the wood-deliverers had backed their loading van into the gate and busted it (after I payed them)... easily one of my worst days EVER.

Does anyone know standard protocol on a follow-up to a hit-and-run insurance claim? I imagine it is very similar to a not-accountable claim (neither side gets screwed on the premium).. I'm just worried about if and when they send a rep over to estimate the damage that they'll just want to poxy the bumper and straighted the hood... I don't want it looking like ****, would rather have them order all new everything. If they allow me to choose where I take it for an estimate, I can have my buddies shop replace everything... but again, I don't know protocol on this.. Need to discuss it with the insurance rep.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:03 AM
Heith01
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Someone Backed-up Into my New Pony

I had someone key my car(over $600 in damage) and all I had to pay was the deductable. It shouldnt go on your insurance. Also because your car is new (I think in our state anything under 20,000 miles) they have to replace the parts with new ford parts,no aftermarket stuff. Good luck.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:25 AM
pj1010
3rd Gear Member

That's the kind of crap that makes you feel good when you think about choking someone to death. You say it was a night class with few people? Any way you could put up signs aluding to the fact that you know the culprit, and it would be advisable to come forward to avoid further prosecution?
Old 09-28-2005, 11:35 AM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

dang. that SUCKS !!! sorry to hear that. hope you get everything worked out ASAP and they find the person who did it. then do to his face what he did to your car

and not hijackin the thread, but, Heith01.......DAAAYUUUM. NICE CAR !! i like the FR500's on that orange. its sweet.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:32 PM
83beast
2nd Gear Member

hey, american, i know this guy, hes italian. if you need any help, i could have him check it out! but if it involves DNA, he wont do it. "That damn DNA, my boys dont like to do anyone with the thought of that helping the cops!"

just kiddin, but really, man id kill that a-hole who did that! i feel for ya. someone backed into my 83 and took off some paint. not as bad, but the feelings still the same.[:@] good luck with the insurance.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:44 PM
Chopper
5th Gear Member

Look for paint or other marks on some of the likely suspects.Just don't let them see you or they might try to hide the evidence.As far as revenge I know some very unpleasant people who don't give a sh#t about no DNA.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:36 PM
AmericanMuscle
1st Gear Member

As far as the color on the scrapes goes... it's white, but it's only on the bumper.. could be anything from white to gray to yellow etc... And I don't need anyone to exact my revenge for me; my hobby besides cars for the past few years has been body building and MMA - I just didn't mention that before because I hate internet-toughguys.

But anyways, I'm going to file a report in a little whiles. Going to try to get a pic on here soon.
Old 09-28-2005, 01:44 PM
AmericanMuscle
1st Gear Member

What do you think? Is the damage significant enough to where it would be feasible to have the hood, grill, and bumper replaced... at the very least?
Old 09-28-2005, 05:07 PM
83beast
2nd Gear Member

dude, got a smaler pic? cant see the whole thing at once, and its easier to tell with seeing all of it.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:51 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

There you go 83. It looks good man, I'm sorry to hear about the accident.

Quick Reply: Someone Backed-up Into my New Pony