General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

favorite cosmetic upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 11:49 AM
zentin
Banned

Default favorite cosmetic upgrade?

hey guys, I used to come here back in 2008 when I got my first mustang, I was in the Air Force...however I had to sell it when I got discharged (I forgot what my name was, I think Sento something...)

But last month I got another mustang! the other one was a 2004 v6 fire red stang

this one is a 98 v6 green stang.

I wasted a lot of money on my red one in hopes of making it fast, exhaust, intake, performance tires and suspension upgrades....but alas It felt mostly in vain....so I tell ya anyone planning on getting a v6, you're better off getting a v8 if you want fast! I do like my v6 though because its good enough for me as i dont race and less money gas, but still looks nice

im trying to keep a stock look and just highlight some features with tint and etc....i got mustang rims and painted em black, tinted the front head lights - and next week plan to tint the windows...

what is ur favorite cosmetic upgrade? Im a big fan of tint because it really seems to bring out curvy features and is fairly cheap
Old 03-01-2013, 12:57 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Mach 1 front lip
Dual exhaust
lowered
fog lamps
Old 03-01-2013, 06:43 PM
96t-bird
5th Gear Member

Dual exhaust, Fog lights.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:05 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

I don't see where you spent money on performance for your last car??

For tint, be careful in MN - they'll nail you quickly if you tint anything but the rear and back quarters.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:34 AM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Speaking of early SN95 green V6 Mustangs, this is one of my favorites. Almost bought it. Still wish I had. Eaton supercharged 4.2L V6.

Old 03-02-2013, 09:58 AM
zentin
Banned

Originally Posted by LilRoush
Speaking of early SN95 green V6 Mustangs, this is one of my favorites. Almost bought it. Still wish I had. Eaton supercharged 4.2L V6.
WOW that is nice. I want mine to look like that as much as possible!

here is what I got

THE ONE THAT YOU LINKED

looks sick as hell even without windows tinted! Now u got me thinking about not tinting windows and investing towards a supercharger!

what else do y'all recommend I do?

thanks

Last edited by zentin; 03-26-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:13 AM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Personally, I'd step up to 18" wheels, do the suspension basics (springs, shocks/struts, sway bars), front brake upgrade, dual exhaust from the mid pipe back and then your body.
My personal taste is a Cobra front end or the ABC Exclusive Cobra style with the added lip, some type of cowl or heat extraction hood and a wing/spoiler of some type (Steeda or S281 are popular choices).
The green one I posted is an early Roush body kit with the non-side exit exhaust skirts on it. Those kit's are very hard to find since they aren't made anymore, and if you find one, they go for over $900.

The SN95Forum website has a lot of great threads to show most/many of the body parts out there for our generation. Check it out.

http://sn95forums.com/showthread.php...hood-spoilers*

Last edited by LilRoush; 03-02-2013 at 10:16 AM.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:47 AM
zentin
Banned

Personally, I'd step up to 18" wheels, do the suspension basics (springs, shocks/struts, sway bars), front brake upgrade, dual exhaust from the mid pipe back and then your body.
My personal taste is a Cobra front end or the ABC Exclusive Cobra style with the added lip, some type of cowl or heat extraction hood and a wing/spoiler of some type (Steeda or S281 are popular choices).
The green one I posted is an early Roush body kit with the non-side exit exhaust skirts on it. Those kit's are very hard to find since they aren't made anymore, and if you find one, they go for over $900.

The SN95Forum website has a lot of great threads to show most/many of the body parts out there for our generation. Check it out.

http://sn95forums.com/showthread.php...hood-spoilers*
cool tips thanks.

btw what all would u recommend for performance - i said earlier i did intake and exhaust but you didn't think they counted as performance, what would u recommend?

I want to skimp on suspension for now since I don't race or anything to take tight turns, I just want to go for HP and acceleration. for performance i got on my to do list now,

intake,
exhaust,
then getting a performance throttlebody
and possibly replacing the ignition.
what else would u recommend for performance?

as for cosmetic, I just plan to get windows tinted atm.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:12 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by zentin
intake,
exhaust,
then getting a performance throttlebody
and possibly replacing the ignition.
what else would u recommend for performance?
Suspension will be one of the best things you can do for feeling performance gains.
A T-lok rear end and steeper gearing will help get the power to the ground, but gears will impact your MPG which you don't want - based on your other thread.

Real power gains will require intake manifolds, heads, cam shaft upgrade etc...

Of your list: intake, exhaust, throttle body and upgraded ignition do absolutely zero for performance on these cars. Even exhaust more than just a cat back is a waste. The stock exhaust manifolds are good for around 350 hp. They are a great design right from Ford. The mid pipe doesn't become a restriction until about 300 hp. The stock TB is also over sized for the stock upper intake manifold, so until you upgrade that, you don't need a bigger TB.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:56 PM
zentin
Banned

Suspension will be one of the best things you can do for feeling performance gains.
A T-lok rear end and steeper gearing will help get the power to the ground, but gears will impact your MPG which you don't want - based on your other thread.

Real power gains will require intake manifolds, heads, cam shaft upgrade etc...

Of your list: intake, exhaust, throttle body and upgraded ignition do absolutely zero for performance on these cars. Even exhaust more than just a cat back is a waste. The stock exhaust manifolds are good for around 350 hp. They are a great design right from Ford. The mid pipe doesn't become a restriction until about 300 hp. The stock TB is also over sized for the stock upper intake manifold, so until you upgrade that, you don't need a bigger TB.
damn u sure know ur stuff

btw i saw on another thread u advized a guy age 20ish that if he uses his time wisely, he can have anything he want in a few years.

Im 24 in april, been trying to do college but got some mental issues that keep getting in the way (bipolar and borderline)- got any tips for me?

thanks!

Quick Reply: favorite cosmetic upgrade?