General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My Jerk-Face neighbor just hit my car!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 02:10 AM
Ditty
2nd Gear Member

Default My Jerk-Face neighbor just hit my car!!!

OK, so about 20 mins ago I am awoken by some commotion outside my window. I look out and see my next door neighbors trying to park their mini-van in front of my car (street parking) in a spot that is obviously too small to fit anything other than a SmartCar into.

Then, as he is backing up, I see him hit my Mustang. Not once, but twice. It's nice out so we have the windows open and I just plain loose it.

My g/f stops me from running down stairs and beating him with a golf club and says to go check it out after they go inside the house. I wait and go out.

It is more than obvious that this butt-face backed into my car!! (pics to follow shortly)

Now what to I do. I'm already shopping for insurance b/c Allstate has said to me in no uncertain terms that if I have another claim, they'll drop me. (This stems from the over $28K they paid out to fix the car after a 'My-Fault' accident in Feb '12 and the outrageous amount that my premiums increased since.) I know for a fact that the neighbors don't have insurance and the mini-van isn't even registered in their name; and I also know that they have NO way of paying cash as they are on every form of Federal and State assistance known to man.

Right now I'm all spun up in a tizzy. I'm literally 15 seconds away from getting my barely-running truck out of the back yard and towing their pos mini-van to the next county and burning it. I've already fantasized about thrashing the van with a golf club and burning their house down.

ANYTHING legal that I can do w/out reporting this to MY insurance company? I know that Baltimore City Police have better things to do and aren't going to come out and do a report for less than $500 worth of damage.

Ohh, I forgot the best part. When I started cussing and stuff out my window after I physically saw him hit my car the SECOND time, he yells up at me while he's getting out, "I didn't hit your car! I know b/c the alarm didn't go off." LOLOLOL!!! Friggin POS dirty troublesome neighbors.

(Like I said, I'll get pics up after I'm done snapping 'em.)
Old 06-06-2013, 02:53 AM
Ditty
2nd Gear Member

Here are the pics I have so far. Sorry about the crappy night cell phone pictures.

My view when I saw him hit my car both times>>>>>>

Here you can sort of tell that the space is JUST big enough to physically fit a vehicle, but no reasonable person would try as you know the risk of hitting someone else's car is too great....especially when there is a perfectly large enough spot directly across the street.

This one is fuzzy, but you can clearly see the scrapes and scratches:

And, just in case anyone can get revenge for me, here is their tag from the busted POS van they drive...and you are welcome to PM me and I'll give you the address if you are in the area!!!

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b...psfb571abb.jpg
Old 06-06-2013, 02:55 AM
Ditty
2nd Gear Member

Sorry that the images didn't show up, only the links. I suck at the internet when I'm ticked off!
Old 06-06-2013, 04:04 AM
E_cox310
2nd Gear Member

...also it says "the photos have been deleted or moved"
Old 06-06-2013, 04:50 AM
Ditty
2nd Gear Member

Lets see if this works....

Here is the album.
http://s209.photobucket.com/user/Dit...Hit%20My%20Car
Old 06-06-2013, 05:22 AM
Ditty
2nd Gear Member

New development:

I talked to Allstate briefly. Basically, my guesstimate of the damage to the bumper is around $4-500. My deductible is $500, so IF I were to file a claim, I'd still have to pay the $500 to cover it and since this Jack-Hole isn't insured, Allstate would have to file a lawsuit to recoup the cost and I MIGHT get my deductible back. That is, if the suit works out. As I already know that these people have NO jobs and absolutely NO money, a lawsuit to cover the damages is not in the realm of possibility.

Basically, I'm back to where I started at 0230 this morning, being ticked off and having no legal recourse to "stick it" to these people. I am, however, really good at annoying and ticking people off, (just as my g/f and my daughters mother), lol.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:27 AM
Js88lx
3rd Gear Member

Pay for it/fix it keep all documentation and sue there *** in small claims court! Will take time but with the picks you have and your girlfriend as a witness you have a good chance! Also get the neighbor to admit to it and record it if possible!

Last edited by Js88lx; 06-06-2013 at 10:28 AM. Reason: edit
Old 06-06-2013, 10:54 AM
Ditty
2nd Gear Member

They have NOTHING. There is NO possible way I could get my money back. I called my lawyer this morning and he suggested just dealing with it as with their financial situation, basically the State of MD can't FORCE them to pay me back anyway.

I'm getting my legal revenge. I'm using every powertool and vacuum in my house right now while they are sleeping since they sleep till 2pm. I get no sleep so you get no sleep. Baltimore City Quiet hours for our neighborhood is 10pm-6am....so as long as I'm not loud then, I'm good. I've been "hanging pictures" all morning. And since I'm going to school now and not working....I have ALL day to be loud and obnoxious....and it's 100% legal and they cannot file any complaint or anything.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:08 AM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

I'd be interested in if you could somehow pin a hit and run on him for hitting your car then just going inside. I know it's not really running, but it's the same thing basically. I'd call the police station and ask them if there's anything you can do about it. If they say they can't do anything cause they can't prove anything, then I suppose they wouldn't be able to do anything if all of their van's tires ended up flat.

Edit: But really, don't do anything stupid. Slashing someone's tires is damage to someone's property. That's why you just pull the valve stem.

Last edited by AJ06GT; 06-06-2013 at 11:10 AM.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:15 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Originally Posted by AJ06GT
I'd be interested in if you could somehow pin a hit and run on him for hitting your car then just going inside. I know it's not really running, but it's the same thing basically. I'd call the police station and ask them if there's anything you can do about it. If they say they can't do anything cause they can't prove anything, then I suppose they wouldn't be able to do anything if all of their van's tires ended up flat.

Edit: But really, don't do anything stupid. Slashing someone's tires is damage to someone's property. That's why you just pull the valve stem.
This. Technically he left the scene of a accident by not leaving his info, or contacting you.

Matthew

Quick Reply: My Jerk-Face neighbor just hit my car!!!