General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Recall: Whiteline adjustable UCA

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 03:21 PM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

I was taking another look at the UCA today and noticed it's also rubbing on the crush sleeve end. Jeez... I'll be sending this pic to them as well. Now I'm not sure I want to keep this thing.

Last edited by kzonts; 07-05-2013 at 06:09 AM.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:22 PM
DocSnickers
3rd Gear Member

They will replace it, their new model is coming soon.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:15 AM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

I don't know if they will be fixing this particular issue in the new design, so I let them know.

All this makes me question their testing processes. I also have the relocation brackets, so I'll be keeping a close eye on those too.

Last edited by kzonts; 07-05-2013 at 06:18 AM.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:22 PM
usmccwo7002

I had a friend tell me about this issue. I checked mine and had the same thing. I didn't have the rubbing on the opposite end of the crack like you did but I did have the same crack. I called american muscle and they said they would replace it with what ever I decided to go with. Really appreciate these forums. I was going to get a dyno tune for a 150 shot and would hate to see the results of a control on failure when strapped down to the dyno. I posted the same info on svt performance to ensure everyone gets the info. Again thanks for your post and keep me informed with what you go with. I am thinking abut BMR.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:53 PM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by usmccwo7002
I had a friend tell me about this issue. I checked mine and had the same thing. I didn't have the rubbing on the opposite end of the crack like you did but I did have the same crack. I called american muscle and they said they would replace it with what ever I decided to go with. Really appreciate these forums. I was going to get a dyno tune for a 150 shot and would hate to see the results of a control on failure when strapped down to the dyno. I posted the same info on svt performance to ensure everyone gets the info. Again thanks for your post and keep me informed with what you go with. I am thinking abut BMR.
I decided to wait for the redesigned version. I just spoke with them today and it's still about 3 weeks before I might get one. I'm running the stock arm for now.
Old 08-01-2013, 05:57 PM
Boaisy
1st Gear Member

I'm going to look at mine this weekend. I'll go ahead and put the stock one back in. It sucks cause all of their other parts are just fine, I'm loving their sway bars. I started hearing knocking in mine about a week after installing, and I think I just bought them last month. I'm willing to wait for an upgraded design if they are in the process of doing so.

I'll make a video of the WL in action too since no one has done it, and I do have video of what kind of runs I have recently put it through so people can get an idea of what stress it has been under.

I know after about a week of use, I have been hearing a clunking in the back during some shifts.

EDIT: I have had mine on since the first week of June, and it has been through a couple of test-n-tune's (drag strip) and two autocrosses (one was reaching 100mph on the freshly paved course which I have a video of). I'm going to take a GoPro video of the UCA in action for here, Whiteline, and SVT forums so everyone can see what is going on (all we have seen is pictures so far).

Last edited by Boaisy; 08-01-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:21 PM
Boaisy
1st Gear Member

So got home today, and tried to take some pictures and video. Pictures came out fine, but video was black so that will have to wait until Sunday when I'm not working. Mine is bent a bit where it connects to the Axle. I took the pictures with my cell phone camera since my regular camera was dead on the battery, but I tried to make sure they weren't too blurry. I threw out the bad pictures. Click on the image to see the originals since the forum distorts it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/boaisy/9417304799/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/boaisy/9417304565/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/boaisy/9420070970/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/boaisy/9417304071/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/boaisy/9420070594/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/boaisy/9420070240/

Last edited by Boaisy; 08-07-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:25 PM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

If it's damaged, email Whiteline to get on the list for the new arm. They will ask for proof of purchase.
Old 08-04-2013, 08:09 PM
Boaisy
1st Gear Member

Got some video of the control arm during the autocross today. I'm going to take it off Tuesday, and send Whiteline an email to get on the list. I'll also post some more pictures and the video then too since I'll have a new CPU and GPU by then (will be faster to process videos).

EDIT 8/7/2013: Slight delay in plans. The computer that has the videos on it went kaput. So it maybe another week before I can put up the videos. Still, I'm in the process of contacting Whiteline about it so I can get that process rolling.

Last edited by Boaisy; 08-07-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old 08-14-2013, 06:10 PM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

I just found out it will be another month before the new arm is ready, so I've contacted Hypermotive to get another brand. It sounds like they are trying to do it right, but another month is a long time.

Quick Reply: Recall: Whiteline adjustable UCA