General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

Accelerator Pedal Modification With One Hand

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 11:26 AM
AG Paravain Co

Default Accelerator Pedal Modification With One Hand

I just completed a accelerator modification with the throttle cable to get rid of that 1 inch play in my gas pedal, and I did it all with one hand and i'd like to share with you how I did it.

As most of us and myself I tried and tried I just could NOT get both my arms/hands up in the throttle cable I tried all kinds of ways it just was not happening so I Adapted, Improvised, and Overcame and thought of a way to complete the modification with one hand.

First the tools and material you will need.

A - A Utility Knife

B - Finger Nail Clippers

C - 1 1/2 Plastic Wall Anchor

D - 4 Zip Ties

E - Desk Lamp

F - Extension Cord

If you have all the tools materials should cost you around $3.50

Here is the modification after completion

Name:  20131020_111224_zpsa4c7ebcc.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  102.1 KB

Installation

1 - Run you extension cord and get your light set up ones you have light your ready to go!!

2 - Cut the small end of your plastic wall anchor only cut a small piece off like just over an 8th of an inch, and cut the side of the big end so that the throttle cable can easily slide inside

3 - Zip ties pre zip them leaving a small loop about a 1 inch loop

4 - some how get your self under your dashboard I would suggest on your back lol go in hand first with the wall anchor in your hand and the zip ties in your other hand.

5 - ones you get your anchor on the cable small side in, pass the zip ties from one hand to you other hand and you will easily zip them with one hand.

6 - Hopefully you have your finger nail clippers with you lol just take the clippers and cut the excess zip tie off and your done you can start cleaning up

This will take less then 5 mins ones you get set up, set up clean up whole job should take less then 15 mins

7 - Take you car for a test ride
Old 10-21-2013, 09:19 AM
BabyGT
5th Gear Member

I guess it pays to be as thin as a stick. I had no problem getting both arms up there.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:50 PM
AG Paravain Co

Lol yeah I guess so I have long arms tho was hard enough getting one arm in there good thing the throttle cable was a bit up there, that made it easier if it was closer to the floor I would of had a harder time.