General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help with installing interior LEDs

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2013, 04:00 PM
norris93

Default Help with installing interior LEDs

I have a 2004 mustang that I am trying to install floorwell lights in. I ordered the LEDs and tried to tap into the dome light because I wanted them to come on when the dome light came on and the doors were open. I ended up buying a fuse tap and wiring them in the fuse panel under the dash/steering wheel. They turned on and worked fine, but when I closed the doors, they stayed on even when the dome light faded out. I tried everything I could possibly think of and still nothing I've googled these things several days in a row lol and I can't figure it out. Can someone please give me some advice or a step-by-step on an easy way how I can install these? They've been sitting in my backseat for a week so far, and will be staying there until I can figure something out -.-
Old 12-19-2013, 01:49 AM
petrock
4th Gear Member

I don’t think the dome light circuit is the place you want to tap into. That means if you manually turn on the dome light the floor well lights will also turn on even though the door is closed.

I’d tap into the circuit for the door switch button thing on the door itself. It is the switch that tells the computer the door is open and cuases the door chime to start. I’d also advise getting the wiring diagrams for your year/model riode. Either in the factory service manual or from www.alldatadiy.com.

Good luck...
Old 04-10-2023, 04:11 AM
Sam Constantine

Hi I would like to ask if anyone has installed an OPT7 Aura pro grille LED lighting kit or similar would appreciate the insight. I have a Mustang 2013 and I would like to install the LED kit that it lights up when I unlock the car using key fob and switch off when I lock. There are 4 wires on the OPT7 control box 2x power and 2x door assist/Aux. The door assist wires are supposed to act as a trigger signal to ON and OFF the device. What I want to know is in a video I saw someone wiring the power through the main fuse box/or battery and the door assist wires to the dome light. I saw on my car that when I unlock using the key fob the DRL/Foglamps and dome/map lights turn on, this is where I want to tap into using the Door Assist/Aux cables and it will act as an ON/OFF trigger. Can someone assist me where exactly I should tap into?