General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Starting to not like American Muscle

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 09:48 AM
CaptainRon
2nd Gear Member

Default Starting to not like American Muscle

American Muscle had recieved my returns on the 10th, and here we are Jan 20th and I'm still sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting for them to issue me my refund...
I've ordered a handful of items from A.M in the past and with the exception of the OEM style lip spoiler for my '12 Mustang I returned everything else due to not being happy with the fit & finish. Their painted mirror covers for example. Passenger side fit fine, driver side had nearly 1/8 gap along the outside edge, upon closer inspection I can see the paint so thin along the bottom that I can almost see the primer. They sent me out a replacement set right away and same deal. Gets me thinking if its worth to pay 100 bux for a aftermarket part that looks like it was produced & painted in China.

Same thing with the painted headlight splitters, I ordered. looked cool in the pics but when i tried to put them on the 3m tape is a joke and they didnt fit the contour of the headlights correcly, again must have been made by a blind chinaman. Again not worth the 130 bux. When I returned those parts same deal, sit on your money for 2-3 weeks..why?

Never again... from now on Im ordering straight from Ford, I dont care if I have to pay 50 bux for a valvestem cap, at least Ford wont fudge it up & sit on your money for 2 weeks if you send it back.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:04 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by CaptainRon
American Muscle had recieved my returns on the 10th, and here we are Jan 20th and I'm still sitting here twiddling my thumbs waiting for them to issue me my refund...
I've ordered a handful of items from A.M in the past and with the exception of the OEM style lip spoiler for my '12 Mustang I returned everything else due to not being happy with the fit & finish. Their painted mirror covers for example. Passenger side fit fine, driver side had nearly 1/8 gap along the outside edge, upon closer inspection I can see the paint so thin along the bottom that I can almost see the primer. They sent me out a replacement set right away and same deal. Gets me thinking if its worth to pay 100 bux for a aftermarket part that looks like it was produced & painted in China.

Same thing with the painted headlight splitters, I ordered. looked cool in the pics but when i tried to put them on the 3m tape is a joke and they didnt fit the contour of the headlights correcly, again must have been made by a blind chinaman. Again not worth the 130 bux. When I returned those parts same deal, sit on your money for 2-3 weeks..why?

Never again... from now on Im ordering straight from Ford, I dont care if I have to pay 50 bux for a valvestem cap, at least Ford wont fudge it up & sit on your money for 2 weeks if you send it back.
Hey Ron,

I'm sorry to hear that the Return is taking a while. However, this is pretty standard. It could take 1 day or it could take 7-10 business days. Since you're in Texas, the item would have taken 4-5 days to get here and then it needs to go through our RMA department. We need to check the product to make sure it's in new condition, defective, damaged etc..

If we received the product on the 10th it was most likely at the end of the business day. That being said, this product would have started the RMA process on Monday the 13th (the next business day). So it's been at our facility for 5 business days. Like I listed above, most returns take 7-10 business days to be fully refunded. In most cases the Bank will hold it for 3-4 business days after we issue the credit. You should have the money back in your account any day here now. I'll make sure the credit is pending and everything is going smooth.

This is the first time I'm hearing about a customer having multiple issues with our pre-painted products. If you search this forum you'll see dozens of threads were customers are extremely happy with the fit and finish of our pre-painted products. All of these items are tested on our project cars and are painted in house at our facility. We spray all OEM colors and the paint is always a perfect match! It sounds like we may have had a small defect in a few of these and somehow you got two sets. I can guarantee you this isn't common feedback! That being said, I'm going to go to the warehouse and hand pick a set of Mirror covers in Race Red for you. I'll make sure they're not defective and that the fitment is perfect. This ones on me! I'm still going to make sure that your credit is issued. I know you wanted them, so I'd like to give them to you for free.

I would hate to lose you as a customer. We will always bend over backwards to make sure all of our customers are in good hands and squared away! Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you and you can consider it done. Anytime you have a question, concern or just need a hand, please hit me up directly!

-Dan

Last edited by AMDanBailer; 01-20-2014 at 03:40 PM.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:46 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Can't hate on that!
Old 01-20-2014, 01:52 PM
Flat out
2nd Gear Member

I've bought lots from AM and have never had a problem, always friendly and helpful, I think I'll buy something today, I need some hood struts.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:22 PM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

Hell, I bought my Pro Charger kit from them after purchasing a handful of other items. No problems at all.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:44 PM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

Jeez they could have sent me the most ridiculous thing or sat on my money for a month, and with something like that offer I dont think I could hate them. Plus I love how Ironic a hate post turns into more business for AM. I guess thats what a good business does
Old 01-20-2014, 02:48 PM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
Hey Ron,

I'm sorry to hear that the Return is taking a while. However, this is pretty standard. It could take 1 day or it could take 7-10 business days. Since you're in Texas, the item would have taken 4-5 days to get here and then it needs to through our RMA department. We need to check the product to make sure it's in new condition, defective, damaged etc..

If we received the product on the 10th it was most likely at the end of the business day. That being said, this product would have started the RMA process on Monday the 13th (the next business day). So it's been at our facility for 5 business days. Like I listed above, most returns take 7-10 business days to be fully refunded. In most cases the Bank will hold it for 3-4 business days after we issue the credit. You should have the money back in your account any day here now. I'll make sure the credit is pending and everything is going smooth.

This is the first time I'm hearing about a customer having multiple issues with our pre-painted products. If you search this forum you'll see dozens of threads were customers are extremely happy with the fit and finish of our pre-painted products. All of these items are tested on our project cars and are painted in house at our facility. We spray all OEM colors and the paint is always a perfect match! It sounds like we may have had a small defect in a few of these and somehow you got two sets. I can guarantee you this isn't common feedback! That being said, I'm going to go to the warehouse and hand pick a set of Mirror covers in Race Red for you. I'll make sure they're not defective and that the fitment is perfect. This ones on me! I'm still going to make sure that your credit is issued. I know you wanted them, so I'd like to give them to you for free.

I would hate to lose you as a customer. We will always bend over backwards to make sure all of our customers are in good hands and squared away! Please let me know if there's anything else I can do for you and you can consider it done. Anytime you have a question, concern or just need a hand, please hit me up directly!

-Dan
WOW, that's a good bit more than "bending over backwards" for a customer, in my opinion!
Old 01-20-2014, 03:43 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Thanks for the feedback guys! I'm glad to hear that you guys have always had a great experience when ordering with us. As always, feel free to hit me up directly if you ever have a question, need some assistance or just want to chat! I'm only a PM away.

Originally Posted by Csrt4to5.0gt
WOW, that's a good bit more than "bending over backwards" for a customer, in my opinion!
This is the type of service you can expect! Not only if you have a problem, but just in general. We'll always go the extra mile to make sure you're in good hands!

-Dan
Old 01-20-2014, 04:08 PM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

American muscle always goes the extra 1/4 mile... Eh Eh get it? No? Ok.

But i have always seen this type service first hand
Old 01-20-2014, 04:14 PM
mcrider
2nd Gear Member

I have had only first class service from AM and I have bought a lot of stuff from them!

Quick Reply: Starting to not like American Muscle