General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How to make my car louder

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 05:27 PM
Bryant3092

Default How to make my car louder

Im highly new at this, I've been interested in mustang since I was a kid, finally saved up enough and got me one ( 2010 Mustang V6 ) as a a graduation gift.

Im just wondering what can i do to make my car louder.
ive heard Muffler delete , Resonator delete, certain straight pipes etc etc.
can anyone give me some insight on whats a good set up step by step for my v6 mustang ?
Old 05-21-2014, 06:16 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

1) It will never sound like a V8 so if that is your goal you should set your sights a bit lower.

2) There are tons of threads about exhaust on the Pipes, Boost & Juice forum. Spend some time going through there

3) There are countless other posts about exhaust on this forum. Again, spend some time reading through the forum.

4) Hop on Youtube and search for v6 mustang exhaust, and similar search terms.

It's a bit hard to help you if you haven't put any effort in yourself. Obviously running straight pipes without mufflers and resonators will make the car louder...but what's the point in that if it isn't street legal?
Old 05-21-2014, 06:24 PM
johnny_raincloud
2nd Gear Member

Check out the American Muscle site and sift through the options available for the V6. They have tons of videos for most of the exhaust systems they sell!

But, as ^ said, its hard to help without knowing. poke around and see what exhaust sound you are after, and ultimately what goals you have for your car aside from being "louder".

There are tons of members here who are extremely knowledgeable on the V6platform and can speak from experience.

May I also recommend using the search feature to see if any future questions you may have already been answered.
Old 05-22-2014, 12:15 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bryant3092
Im highly new at this, I've been interested in mustang since I was a kid, finally saved up enough and got me one ( 2010 Mustang V6 ) as a a graduation gift.

can anyone give me some insight on whats a good set up step by step for my v6 mustang ?
Welcome to MustangForums and congratulations on your graduation and the new ride!

There are plenty of options to make your Stang much louder and give it a deeper tone. Take a look on our site and YouTube, there are countless options you could with. For your car, I would personally look into the Pypes dual exhaust conversion. They make a rich tone and it will be much louder than your factory set up.

I hope this information helps, and if you have any questions, feel free to get back in touch. Best of luck!

-Dan
Old 05-23-2014, 12:32 AM
SyNdicateZ
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bryant3092

I'm confused. So you saved up enough money to buy the mustang, but then you got it as a graduation gift? How is it a gift if you bought it?
Old 05-23-2014, 06:22 PM
Mr Nice Guy
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by SyNdicateZ
I'm confused. So you saved up enough money to buy the mustang, but then you got it as a graduation gift? How is it a gift if you bought it?
Maybe he bought it as a graduation gift to himself? I do know people that have done that.
Old 05-24-2014, 12:32 AM
SyNdicateZ
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr Nice Guy
Maybe he bought it as a graduation gift to himself? I do know people that have done that.
Nahhhhhhhh
Old 05-24-2014, 04:58 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

I never got wanting to make a slow car loud. The only attention you'll get from being louder than stock will all be bad. Cops, pissed off neighbors,etc. leave it stock if your not interested in performance gains.
Old 05-24-2014, 08:29 PM
Bryant3092

okay the saving up & the graduation is going kind of off the topic.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:50 PM
massguy54
1st Gear Member

bluebeast if that's what he wants to do its his money you have spent a lot of money on an older mustang

Quick Reply: How to make my car louder