General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Tail light issues!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 07:13 AM
WannabeV8

Unhappy Tail light issues!

So recently a friend told me while i was driving that two bars in my taillights were not working. I bought aftermarket LED eagle eye taillights from AM about a year and a half ago. In pictures i took after the install both of the sections were working, now they are not. I took the taillights apart and tried checking if somehow the plug was put in backwards in the socket for the LEDs but i tried to flip it around and it still didn't work. I didn't notice any wires cut or anything..i have not checked any fuses but the rest of the lights are working so I dont think thats the issue.. the lights are not working on both of the sockets closest to the third brake light on each side (left and right taillight).---If anyone has had this problem help please!!
Old 05-30-2014, 01:55 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

I can't say I've seen similar issues with these particular lights. Although, you should definitely check your fuse panel for the rear tail lamps. Make sure there isn't a multiple fuse locations, as I'm not sure about the 2002 Mustangs.

Also, double check the connectors inside of each rear lamp. Something electrical has to be going on if both sides are out in the same locations.

Shane
Old 05-30-2014, 05:42 PM
WannabeV8

ok so i went back on AM and looked at my taillights, even in the video the same issue is happening..EXACTLY the same in the same area. In customer photos you can see that the whole lamp should light up, i think maybe its possible when sealing my taillights after initial install i could've hooked up the wrong LED section to the wrong light socket? IDK if this causes the problem but i will try it out!
Old 05-30-2014, 07:40 PM
WannabeV8

I believe there is only one fuse in the main fuse panel and its # 41, I checked it and its ok. I tried my idea but it wouldnt work because the reverse light bulb socket is a different style to the socket that isn't lighting, the other two sockets have two wires and a ground and the one not lighting only has one power and a ground. I still have no clue what it is unless its a default in the light itself!