General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Axleback: Ford Racing Sport vs Ford Racing Touring

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 08:32 PM
The Alien
1st Gear Member

Default Axleback: Ford Racing Sport vs Ford Racing Touring

Hi everyone,

I have a GT 2013 that I bought with already in the Ford Racing Sport Axleback exhaust (MGTLA).

I'm in love with that sound, it's really gorgeous but I realized that they are 49State legal and I live on the "other" one . In addition, even if the tone is perfect, I wish the volume was a little bit less 'prominent'.

I took a look around and I see Ford Racing does also the Touring model (MGTCA) and they are 50States legal.

I was wondering if you guys can help me to understand if the difference between them is just the volume. I don't want lose the awesome tone I have now. they seem pretty similar on descriptions but I'm scared to regret it.

any suggestion?

Thank you all in advance.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:07 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

I went with the Roush. Phenomenal tone, little drone at cruise, and much louder than what you have. All of the Ford options seemed to be too calm for my tastes.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:54 AM
The Alien
1st Gear Member

I think I'm getting old because I'm looking for less noisy exhaust

the stock ones are too quite and no personality at all for this car (and its 5.0)
the Ford racing sport are too loud but the tone is perfect!

if someone has the FR Touring we could compare Touring and Sport in a video (I checked on you tube but I didn't find a good video for Touring model)
Old 01-26-2015, 02:03 PM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by The Alien
I think I'm getting old because I'm looking for less noisy exhaust

the stock ones are too quite and no personality at all for this car (and its 5.0)
the Ford racing sport are too loud but the tone is perfect!

if someone has the FR Touring we could compare Touring and Sport in a video (I checked on you tube but I didn't find a good video for Touring model)
You can't really tell by listening to the video to be honest. To my ears, the Magnaflow competition for the 2015 Mustang GT sounded pretty much the same as the street version and so I went with the competition. Big mistake for me because the competition was much louder and had more droning at cruising speeds. Now I have two complete systems. My point is that the 49 state legal version is more aggressive than the CA version and should be a little louder. If CA checks closely as I suspect they will, you better go with the CA version (touring) or you too will have an extra exhaust system laying around.
Old 02-03-2015, 05:18 AM
spectreman
2nd Gear Member

http://www.americanmuscle.com/ford-g...ck-2011gt.html
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...Falj7AodBHUA1w
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...arison-2011-14

Altho my personal favorites are Steeda exhausts, might I suggest you consider the Ford GT500 axlebacks? They'll pass any state inspection as they are Ford products. The price is very reasonable too. ZERO drone, melllow @ cruise, nice bark when you step on it. IMO, these are the cans that should've come stock on the last gen GT & make the Stang sound like it's supposed to sound. I've got them mounted on my '14 & enjoy them, as do many other folks. I get compliments on the sound all the time.

For the price and quality, they can't be beaten altho the tips are a little cheap looking in comparison to the stock tips and many of the aftermarket cans. I surely wouldn't spend the extra $$$ for the Ford Racing or Touring axlebacks over these.
Lee