General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

G2 caliper paint orange vs custom?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2015, 03:34 PM
FadeawayDetailing

Default G2 caliper paint orange vs custom?

Has anyone used the G2 orange brake caliper kit. I have a competition orange on order and want to paint the calipers. It is really difficult to judge in some pictures if their standard orange will be close enough or not.

Not sure if the $60 difference is even worth it after reading their website which states "although the base color will be exactly the same, the actual appearance may not match your vehicles finish exactly."

Thanks guys!
Old 06-16-2015, 06:34 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FadeawayDetailing
Has anyone used the G2 orange brake caliper kit. I have a competition orange on order and want to paint the calipers. It is really difficult to judge in some pictures if their standard orange will be close enough or not.

Not sure if the $60 difference is even worth it after reading their website which states "although the base color will be exactly the same, the actual appearance may not match your vehicles finish exactly."

Thanks guys!
I painted mine with the duplicolor caliper kit, good luck, but it was red so , you know red is red, are you trying to match your cars color?
Old 06-16-2015, 11:22 PM
FadeawayDetailing

Originally Posted by Choppertwo
I painted mine with the duplicolor caliper kit, good luck, but it was red so , you know red is red, are you trying to match your cars color?
Trying to get close enough. their marketing team isnt great. They dont have many pictures, so you have to find customer pictures. Some are low quality some are bad lighting. So Im not sure how close their orange is to custom order.

Maybe im over thinking it