General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

first time Mustang owner issues: interior paint fade/miles to empty incorrect reading

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 11:03 AM
tmdm

Default first time Mustang owner issues: interior paint fade/miles to empty incorrect reading

Hello all,

I'm new to the Mustang world and new to the states. So awesome to find a cool community like this to discuss all things mustang

I had a few questions relating to a 2014 certified pre owned mustang I bought a few days back, it is the premium v6 model in grabber blue.

I have noticed the interior around the central console, the paint has faded a little so while the console is a nice grey color the edges are black where it has faded. Is there anyway to remedy this? i'm guessing it's not covered under any kind of warranty?

My last question is just relating to the trip meter and miles to empty. A full tank is telling me it has 280 MTE but previous mustangs i've rented of the same model and year on a full tank were way up in the 300's. is this just a case of the car taking time to work out my driving style?

Thanks again everyone for such an awesome forum!
Old 07-28-2015, 11:24 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Welcome, would be nice to see a picture of your interior to see what you are talking about. As for MTE, 280 seems a bit low for a full tank and may be an indicator that someones may need to check it.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:33 AM
tmdm

Great thanks for your response. Will get some photos of the interior over to you guys at the end of today

It's actually at ford right now so will ask them when I go in to pick it up about the MTE. I did mention it to him but he said it is likely just a computer reset thats required? and that the car will produce more accurate readings the more i drive it?

Is this right? or is he just making stuff up?
Old 07-28-2015, 12:36 PM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

he is correct. the MTE is based on the calculated average fuel economy. reset that and see if that helps, also it is not very accurate and is not meant to be used to "push it past the E" the interior fade could be caused by long term outdoor parking perhaps?
Old 07-29-2015, 01:26 AM
tmdm

Thanks all. Will get those photos over to you still. Having ford look at the MTE. They kept it over night.

Had one further question for you guys, is it normal for dash lights to be super bright during the day, but come night time when I turn on the headlights they dim down significantly. Even with the dimmer turned all the way up, they are probably a quarter of the brightness of day time lights. Maybe I'm being too picky!
Old 07-29-2015, 06:38 AM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

yes, this is so that the display can overcome the daytime light, but at night not blind you while driving
Old 07-30-2015, 12:28 PM
tmdm

Thanks again guys. Not having much luck with my new mustang. Got it back from garage yesterday and they'd scratched all the bumper up. No way to prove it was them. Lesson learned there.

Also had a bit of wheel spin pulling out of intersection this morning on a wet road and now every time I accelerate it sounds like rattling at the back of the car. At first I thought it was stones but it seems to be something else. Any ideas?
Old 08-09-2015, 05:52 PM
altjx

Wow. I was just browsing the forum and stumbled upon this post, and I'm glad I did.

I hope it doesn't seem like I'm hijacking the thread or anything, but my question also relates to the MTE. I have a 15 gt premium and every time I fill up the tank, it usually tells me that I have about 190 miles until empty.

I know someone here mentioned that it's not 100% accurate, but doesn't that seem extremely far off? Granted, I only have about 700 miles on my car and I've had it for about a month thus far.

Any ideas regarding this?
Old 08-09-2015, 05:53 PM
altjx

Can't edit my post apparently. Just wanted to add that I have a JLT CAI with a tune, so not sure if this would impact it or not. Pretty sure it was around the same thing even before the tune though.
Old 08-21-2015, 09:04 AM
imeyers302

Originally Posted by altjx
Wow. I was just browsing the forum and stumbled upon this post, and I'm glad I did.

I hope it doesn't seem like I'm hijacking the thread or anything, but my question also relates to the MTE. I have a 15 gt premium and every time I fill up the tank, it usually tells me that I have about 190 miles until empty.

I know someone here mentioned that it's not 100% accurate, but doesn't that seem extremely far off? Granted, I only have about 700 miles on my car and I've had it for about a month thus far.

Any ideas regarding this?
I have a 2014 GT Track Pack and have never seen it go above 190. It's always between 180-190 when I fill up. Most of my driving is local so I rarely see over 11mpg with my heavy foot, but then again if I even remotely cared about MPG I would be in a different car. I remember back in the day with my 1991 LX 5.0 I had to fill up every 120 miles or so. At least it's a little better these days.