General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

"Clunk" Sound while shifting gears (Automatic)

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 06:44 PM
tkfozli

Default "Clunk" Sound while shifting gears (Automatic)

Hey guys, so I bought my first Mustang, 2016 GT and after 2 days I heard a "clunk" noise when shifting from park to drive or reverse,my car is automatic. I called the dealer to ask if it was normal, and my sales rep responded yes, you have a beefy tran. A week ago I was in sport+ mode and i heard the clunk from second to first, (I didn't shift from second to first I let the car do it by itself, the rest of the gears I did manually, I do it with all my paddle shifter cars). Now the check engine light comes on and the car struggles to start. The car has been at ford for 2 days now, going on three and they can't figure out whats wrong. Anyone have a clue as to whats going on or if I am protected in anyway? The car has 1,300 miles on it, literally BRAND NEW.
Thank you for your help and time.
Old 11-19-2015, 07:01 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum. Don't take the car back until your 100% satisfied with it. The dealer should be there to make YOU happy. I'm sure they'll get it figured out. Good luck, and post back with any updates.
Old 11-19-2015, 08:49 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by tkfozli
Hey guys, so I bought my first Mustang, 2016 GT and after 2 days I heard a "clunk" noise when shifting from park to drive or reverse,my car is automatic. I called the dealer to ask if it was normal, and my sales rep responded yes, you have a beefy tran. A week ago I was in sport+ mode and i heard the clunk from second to first, (I didn't shift from second to first I let the car do it by itself, the rest of the gears I did manually, I do it with all my paddle shifter cars). Now the check engine light comes on and the car struggles to start. The car has been at ford for 2 days now, going on three and they can't figure out whats wrong. Anyone have a clue as to whats going on or if I am protected in anyway? The car has 1,300 miles on it, literally BRAND NEW.
Thank you for your help and time.
Hello tkfozli,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service, and I’m happy to get this escalated for you. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Old 11-19-2015, 09:27 AM
movielover40
4th Gear Member

You should have 3 year bumper to bumper 36,000 warranty
Old 11-19-2015, 11:21 AM
tkfozli

Deysha,

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out, but for the life of me I can't seem to find the PM like. I tried to go to user CP but it said I didn't have permission. How do I PM you?

Thank you!
Old 11-19-2015, 11:43 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Deysha,

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out, but for the life of me I can't seem to find the PM like. I tried to go to user CP but it said I didn't have permission. How do I PM you?

Thank you!
You may not have enough public posts yet, tkfozli. Try going to the introduction side and post away.

Deysha
Old 11-19-2015, 12:05 PM
tkfozli

Deysha,

I can't find "introduction side", where would I go? I guess I'm not that familiar with forums and threads I can't seem to find anything else other than PM but it says I'm blocked. I searched in User CP but I did not see a link. Anyway you can PM or send a message to me? Thank you for your help and time, I really appreciate it.
Old 11-19-2015, 12:58 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Deysha,

I can't find "introduction side", where would I go? I guess I'm not that familiar with forums and threads I can't seem to find anything else other than PM but it says I'm blocked. I searched in User CP but I did not see a link. Anyway you can PM or send a message to me? Thank you for your help and time, I really appreciate it.
It's no problem! You should be able to pick any thread here and post, tkfozli.

Deysha
Old 11-19-2015, 01:04 PM
tkfozli

Originally Posted by FordService
It's no problem! You should be able to pick any thread here and post, tkfozli.

Deysha
Deysha,

Instead of posting that information on a random thread, would you like me to just post it here? Again, I apologize I'm not too tech savvy.

Thank you,
Old 11-23-2015, 07:53 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Deysha,

Instead of posting that information on a random thread, would you like me to just post it here? Again, I apologize I'm not too tech savvy.

Thank you,
I’m trying to keep you from posting your personal information on this public thread, tkfozli.

Deysha