General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Raxiom Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 06:17 PM
tgshoe

Default Raxiom Navigation

I posted a response to another post on the forum the other day but thought I would provide some update for those that are interested. This will show how good the American Muscle customer service is or not.
I bought the Raxiom Gen2 navigation unit for my 2014 Mustang GT and installed it. The installation instructions are horrible. However I got it installed and working for the most part. However I have an issue where the unit freezes while using the navigation and it will occasionally restart itself. I contacted American Muscle and was referred to Rosen Electronics customer service. They asked me to check several things and then to do a master reset, which I did. They told me if I continued to have an issue to exchange the item with American Muscle. I have continued to have issues with it freezing/restarting while actually navigating only. I called American Muscle and they wanted me to send the unit back and then they would send me a replacement. I explained this was not acceptable as I drive the car daily and would have the console taken apart and would not be able to drive it. They refused to send a replacement until I sent the original unit back so I asked to have it returned and get a refund. I will simply put a Pioneer or Kenwood system in the car. It won't look OEM and will cost me more all total but will work without the crazy exchange policy. I will not purchase anything else from American Muscle as they refuse to have a reasonable return policy.
Well after a discussion with my wife, who actually drives the car most of the time and looking at alternatives, she decided she wanted to exchange the unit. After discussing this with American Muscle we were assured that once the tracking was live that a replacement would be shipped. It did not happen. Item was return shipped this morning at 730am and as of 6pm replacement was still not shipped. Once again they have not addressed the customers needs or considered the fact that they have spent $700 in good faith, for an item that is defective. While they are pleasant on the phone, true customer service is putting the customer first and going out of your way to make sure they are taken care of. Merely being nice on the phone is simple courtesy. Honoring your warranty is a matter of legality. Neither of those are specific to good customer service. I am sure others will differ in their opinions, but this will be the last major item I purchase from American Muscle. Take it for what it is worth.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:24 PM
dawson1112
5th Gear Member

It wouldnt matter who you bought it from, Ive never seen any one send a replacement out untill they received the defective item. Dont blame them,, blame the crooks who like to rip off returns departments.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:22 AM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

This------^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^