General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Couple of questions about exhaust / midpipe / headers

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 01:35 PM
rushfighterx

Default Couple of questions about exhaust / midpipe / headers

Hello all I have a couple of questions, I have been looking everywhere trying to find what I'm looking for but I'm out of luck..

The first question is if I order a part from eBay would it really be that much different than ordering it from a site like american muscle? This is the item I was looking at..
http://www.americanmuscle.com/stainl...pe-1114gt.html

I saw on ebay that I can just purchase the parts separately and I'll save a decent amount of money.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Performance-...dX9uiL&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JBA-6685SXC-...dYHBiG&vxp=mtr

Aren't these items almost the same? The only difference I see is that the midpipes aren't labeled as "hi flow cats" but they look relatively the same, is there a difference?

Also another question is that after I purchase headers, cats & mid pipe, will it fit into my exhaust? I currently have an roush axle-back exhaust and since all the piping is 3 inches, I was wondering how it would fit onto the roush axle back exhaust when it's diameter on american muscle is listed as 2.75 inches.

Last question is that I called my local auto shop (henry's muffler shop), they gave me a price of $475 for hi flow cats, resonator delete, and a x or h pipe (I haven't decided yet). I was wondering should I just take that deal and then buy my headers online separately and then let them install it?

Thanks!
Old 05-14-2017, 08:45 AM
1 Alibi 2
3rd Gear Member

Any time I shop on e-bay, I'm using OEM / mfg. part #'s. You as a buyer have to know what is being sold..................if it seems too good of a deal, run !!
The item AM is selling[B] is 304 stainless from a known co.
The 1st e-bay item is T-201 stainless from a co. no one ever heard of.
...................( made in China )
The JBA X pipe may or may not bolt up to anything except other JBA products.
I don't know of anyone running a, " henry's muffler shop " exhaust system.
It is your $$$$$, and your car,..................& sometimes mistakes can be great lesson teachers.

Last edited by 1 Alibi 2; 05-14-2017 at 08:52 AM.
Old 05-15-2017, 06:48 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

Welcome to the forum.

I've never had good luck with trying to piece together exhaust. I've learned to just bite the bullet and spend the money in a good, quality, brand name system. Who ever is doing the install will be much happier.

Guaranteed there will be fitment issues with anything else.

Good luck