General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Car stalled and now won't start (Mustang 2006 v6)

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 06:04 PM
tjfjr99

Default Car stalled and now won't start (Mustang 2006 v6)

Hello, well, I'm kind of in a crappy situation and would love car experts to help Me out with a major issue for my car doesn't start

The story-
Driving down a popular road here in NJ, my car stalls out, and stops working. The battery and check engine symbol come up. The previous day, my sepentine belt had broken, but I put a new one in and drove it home without any problems.

Contuining on on with what happen, so me and my friend pushed it off, and a few minutes later we started it, and it turned on, but had the check engine light on and sounded weak. We shut it off and tried to do it again but it wouldn't start.

We tried various methods such as have a engine scanner and it read back it was the throttle actuator control system. I replaced the throttle actuator, the throttle sensor, coil pack, and tested the battery (worked fine), checked oil levels (fine), and well, haven't had any luck (Yes the tank is full of gas). Any possible things it could be? Thank you!
Old 05-26-2017, 08:04 AM
88 orangepeel notch
6th Gear Member

First, welcome to the forum.

From your discription, I'd guess fuel pump. When you turn the key to "ON" position, can you hear the pump prime ? You should be able to hear a slight whirring noise from inside the gas tank for the first couple seconds.
Old 06-02-2017, 06:43 AM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

There is an inertia activated fuel cutoff switch in the trunk. Make sure that hasn't been triggered.