General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2010 GT Climate Control Issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 07:18 PM
KyleD.Pittman

Default 2010 GT Climate Control Issues

Hey guys,

I apologize in advance if this has been covered somewhere else, but i did some searching all over the internet and couldn't seem to find anyone who was reporting this same problem.

I have a 2010 GT - i was driving it down the road the other day, and happened to glance over at the display and noticed the external temperature wasn't showing. It was weird, i hadn't hit anything, gone over any big bumps/railroad tracks too hard or anything.

Then i noticed none of the climate lights on the display were turning on when i pressed them. All the audio buttons above it are lit where they are supposed to be and fully functioning, but the little orange lights that usually turns on when the defroster, AC, etc. is on don't turn on. The heated seats aren't working either. Oddly enough, the blower motor still works. The air conditioning is not working (don't hear the condenser kick on), but the defroster and heat still work even though the lights don't turn on. The distribution button that changes flow from the bottom top or defroster still works as well even though those display lights don't turn on.

First instinct was to check the fuse box - both under the hood and under the glove box. The only one that i saw was blown was one of the 30a pink jcase fuses under the hood that controlled the passenger seat. Swapped it out but no change on the climate issues. I checked EVERYTHING that had to do with heat, AC, blower motor, etc --- fuse wise both under the hood and under the glove box -- nothing was blown. None of the relays that are possibly related to this look burnt up or anything either. I checked underneath and it doesn't look like any wires got yanked out or anything.

So im kinda stuck now. Don't really want to take it in and get it looked at or spend money on relays that arent bad. Hoping one of you has run into this issue before or has an idea of what the problem may be so i can take care of it.

Thanks everyone.