General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Relay

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 08:46 AM
stang4u1005

Default Relay

I have a 66 mustang 289. Less power brakes. There is a long narrow relay bolted to the side of the brake pedal assemble. Not the brake switch it's another relay box onthe side of the main bracket holder. Does anyone know what this is. Thanks brad
Old 12-05-2017, 11:52 PM
imp
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by stang4u1005
I have a 66 mustang 289. Less power brakes. There is a long narrow relay bolted to the side of the brake pedal assemble. Not the brake switch it's another relay box onthe side of the main bracket holder. Does anyone know what this is. Thanks brad
To my knowledge no kind of "relay" has ever been mounted under the dash of a '66 Mustang, much less bolted to the brake pedal assembly.

What makes you think that whatever is there is a relay? Could an aftermarket speed control device have been added which has a switch fastened there to "drop out" the SC when the brake pedal is depressed? imp
Old 12-06-2017, 07:07 AM
stang4u1005

Default Relay

Originally Posted by imp
To my knowledge no kind of "relay" has ever been mounted under the dash of a '66 Mustang, much less bolted to the brake pedal assembly.

What makes you think that whatever is there is a relay? Could an aftermarket speed control device have been added which has a switch fastened there to "drop out" the SC when the brake pedal is depressed? imp
problem solved. It's the seat belt relay. Thanks