General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Chips

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 04:42 PM
03YellowPony
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Chips

Ignore the nay sayers. If you want to talk to a GT killer..talk to AutoBadges. I bet his V6 can take on a LOT of the V8's here. Nothing like a Supercharged V6 wasting a V8 wannabe!
Old 11-14-2005, 01:14 AM
Millenium_Pony00

[quote][Well, Ford couldn't have a V6 that would out run a GT now, could they?
But all you need to do is upgrade the injectors, and look out!
/quote]

I own a V6 3.8 liter 2000 Mustang and I noticed something bout upgrading The Injectors. Can someone tell me what this does to improve the car. Also, how does one go about doing this?

Also just to let you know that my V6 gets great gas mileage. I average about 200+ miles on a tank of gas which has been tested with the recent move home from the midwest all the way to the east coast. So just sayin'...

-Mike J
Old 11-14-2005, 02:06 AM
03YellowPony
6th Gear Member

[quote]ORIGINAL: Millenium_Pony00

[Well, Ford couldn't have a V6 that would out run a GT now, could they?
/quote]

I own a V6 3.8 liter 2000 Mustang and I noticed something bout upgrading The Injectors. Can someone tell me what this does to improve the car. Also, how does one go about doing this?

Also just to let you know that my V6 gets great gas mileage. I average about 200+ miles on a tank of gas which has been tested with the recent move home from the midwest all the way to the east coast. So just sayin'...

-Mike J
If you use a flash tuner to remove the speed limiter, you can upgrade the injectors to go faster than 125 mph. After the speed limiter, you out run the injectors around 120-125mph.
Old 11-14-2005, 05:28 AM
ShadowDrake
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 03YellowPony

ORIGINAL: Millenium_Pony00

[Well, Ford couldn't have a V6 that would out run a GT now, could they?

-Mike J
If you use a flash tuner to remove the speed limiter, you can upgrade the injectors to go faster than 125 mph. After the speed limiter, you out run the injectors around 120-125mph.
The injectors not being able to handle WOT at what, 4000 RPM seems pretty strange to me, just doesn't make sense. I think your sixer just doesn't have power to make it over 125... nothing particularly wrong with that. I don't mean that to be too much of an insult but really think about what you're saying.

Larger injectors will allow more fuel to get into the combustion chamber. You also need a larger fuel pump to supply more pressure, but this is really only if you have a power adder.

If your car is naturally aspirated, you will probably not need larger injectors... unless you've got every bolt-on imaginable and then some, even then, you'll only need slightly larger injectors. When you get larger inejctors, you'll need a MAF that is properly adjusted, so the word is anyway.

Larger injectors will not give you any more power, but will simply allow you to get more power out of the engine.

Edit: But by all means, if you have an explaination that makes sense as to why the injectors somehow can't keep up at 4000 RPM WOT high speed or not doesn't make a difference, the engine is still turning at a certain speed and injecting a certain amount of fuel each time. Whether you're moving at 40 MPH or 140 MPH, the fuel consumption at WOT shouldn't change enough to run the injectors short.