General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Seafoam

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 02:50 PM
91hatchb

Default Seafoam

Id been reading from a number of ppl that seafoam works to help ur car run better so i broke down and bought some today. Sucked up a can through a vacum line then let it stall out and let it sit for about 30mins. Started it back up and had one hell of a smoke show lol. Drove it down the street for about 10mins and let the smoke clear lol. Well i noticed a few things it made cold starting easier and it idles a hell of alot better. Kinda pricy but for the results the stuff works really good
Old 11-28-2005, 03:50 PM
M1ke
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Seafoam

im asuming you have a 91 hatch?? did it take you a while for it all to get sucked up? which hose/where would you put it in on a 96? gt
Old 11-28-2005, 07:21 PM
AMC
1st Gear Member

1/3 of a bottle on the camshaft/crank. 1/3 in the brake vaccume line, 1/3 in the gas tank. Be sure to change your oil after.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:25 PM
M1ke
4th Gear Member

ok that helps a LOT............ where would you put it in at exactly?
Old 11-28-2005, 11:47 PM
AMC
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: M1ke

[:-] You know the little cap that you open to put the oil in the engine, the thing that goes vroom vroon? Well twist that counter-clockwise untill it comes off. Place it some where safe and secure so you dont loose it.

K got that?

Pour a third (1/3) 33.33333% of it into that hole. Find that cap you put somewhere and screw it counter-clockwise back on mmmk.

Step #1 done. Pat yourself on the back.

Now. Find the Master cylinder.(the thingymabob that makes you stop) Go behind it and you will find this large round hockeypuck like thing. Now that is called a brake booster. Aid's in stopping your car. From that you will find a hose going from the brake booster (hockey puck thing) to your intake manifold. (the thingy ontop of your engine block) Pull the hose From the brake booster (puck) and pour a third (1/3) 33.33333% into the hose. Re-attach the hose to the
booster.

Congradualtions, your almost there...Now here is the tricky part.

Find the gas cap. Should be Somewhere on the rear quarterpannel. Tricky son of a bitch to find. Usually here.

Now...if you can. Add the last 1/3rd 33.3334% to it.

Yay!

Let sit for 15 minutes and start. Run Untill the smoke stops pouring out of the back. Change your oil and enjoy.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:14 AM
M1ke
4th Gear Member

way to be a jackass about it. ive done it before to a honda which is totally different to a mustang and the hose to suck it up wont be in the same place. maybe its possible that at least one person in the world doesnt know where the right hose is to suck it up.

Old 11-29-2005, 02:08 AM
waxyourboard
3rd Gear Member

Technically, i thought that was pretty comprehensive. I thought the picture was a nice touch. Only my gas cap doesnt have a smiley face on it.... must be a special option from the factory.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:25 AM
fordguy17
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AMC

ORIGINAL: M1ke

[:-] You know the little cap that you open to put the oil in the engine, the thing that goes vroom vroon? Well twist that counter-clockwise untill it comes off. Place it some where safe and secure so you dont loose it.

K got that?

Pour a third (1/3) 33.33333% of it into that hole. Find that cap you put somewhere and screw it counter-clockwise back on mmmk.

Step #1 done. Pat yourself on the back.

Now. Find the Master cylinder.(the thingymabob that makes you stop) Go behind it and you will find this large round hockeypuck like thing. Now that is called a brake booster. Aid's in stopping your car. From that you will find a hose going from the brake booster (hockey puck thing) to your intake manifold. (the thingy ontop of your engine block) Pull the hose From the brake booster (puck) and pour a third (1/3) 33.33333% into the hose. Re-attach the hose to the
booster.

Congradualtions, your almost there...Now here is the tricky part.

Find the gas cap. Should be Somewhere on the rear quarterpannel. Tricky son of a bitch to find. Usually here.

Now...if you can. Add the last 1/3rd 33.3334% to it.

Yay!

Let sit for 15 minutes and start. Run Untill the smoke stops pouring out of the back. Change your oil and enjoy.

loosen up M1ke- he was just messing around. besides that was actaully a very good, detailed post.
Old 11-29-2005, 06:26 PM
M1ke
4th Gear Member

yeah i know. it was a good post, i now know where the brake booster and hose is,i just didnt care for all the **** acting like i was stupid
Old 12-08-2005, 03:19 AM
98stang6
1st Gear Member

yeah i bought a can of seafoam cuz i saw a vid somewhere of carbon shootin out hte tailpips n how good it was. I put a third in my pcv valve instead of the brake booster (it said those were your choices on the can itself) and waied 5 min then fired it up n nothing happened. i put another third in the tank n have a third left. so do u have to use a whole can on the car at a time. 1/3 in brake booster. 1/3 in oil. and 1/3 in fuel tank, to make the carbon sh it shoot out? and u said wait 15 min to 30 min? i guess ill buy a new can n try again. thanks guys

Quick Reply: Seafoam