General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.

traction control

Old 12-04-2005, 08:50 PM
01musgt
1st Gear Member

Default traction control

my mustang has traction control, i heard you lose horsepower by leaving it on
should i turn it off when i race

How do you know when the traction control is off, is it when the orange light it on

when i try to stage my mustang burns out for a second and goes foward then the green wheel in the dash comes on, what should i do
Old 12-04-2005, 08:55 PM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: traction control

Yes, turn it off. When the light is lit on the button that means its off. You will need to turn it off every time you start the car unless you get a tuner to turn it off and keep it off. When the green wheel lights up that means the TC is on and detected wheel spin.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:47 PM
quicksnake
2nd Gear Member

I turn my traction control off as soon as I start up my car. Keep it off it's alot more fun!
Old 12-05-2005, 12:06 AM
Vash the Stampede
3rd Gear Member

ya, its actually dangerous to drive with it on, if its snowing. i wish i had a tuner to just shut it off for good.,
Old 12-05-2005, 12:10 AM
dan
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Vash the Stampede

ya, its actually dangerous to drive with it on, if its snowing. i wish i had a tuner to just shut it off for good.,
[sm=exactly.gif]
Old 12-05-2005, 12:57 PM
doc_phibz
1st Gear Member

what year stang is it for?
Old 12-05-2005, 01:33 PM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

ORIGINAL: dan

[sm=exactly.gif]
?
I can only see it being dangerous if its on when your trying to rush out in front of traffic, something you shouldnt do in the snow anyways

please elaborate...
Old 12-05-2005, 02:15 PM
Tim37
4th Gear Member

just having it on doesn't lower you hp but you should turn it off when you race you will have much better et's that way because if you kick in the tc i takes the car a few seconds tho recover and return to normal opperations.
Old 12-05-2005, 03:20 PM
Vash the Stampede
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 72MachOne99GT

[sm=exactly.gif]
?
I can only see it being dangerous if its on when your trying to rush out in front of traffic, something you shouldnt do in the snow anyways

please elaborate...
iam not sure my self.. its designed for the ran and not the snow. thats what the dealer told me atleast... because when i bought my car 3 years ago brand new they told me specificaly to turn it off during the snow. because the traction control is design specificaly for the rain. and when its on ice, it doesn't know how to react.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:31 PM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: 72MachOne99GT

[sm=exactly.gif]
?

please elaborate...
iam not sure my self.. its designed for the ran and not the snow. thats what the dealer told me atleast... because when i bought my car 3 years ago brand new they told me specificaly to turn it off during the snow. because the traction control is design specificaly for the rain. and when its on ice, it doesn't know how to react.

*rolls eyes*

your dealer is retarded.

Personally, I hate traction control because I learned to drive years before T/C or ABS were invented. HOWEVER, your traction control is perfectly capeable of handling snow and ice.

You might want to turn it off if you start to get stuck in snow or ice because the wheelspin can dig you out or let you perform a rocking maneuver.

BTW - I think that's what it says in the owners manual as well. Didn't you guys get owners manuals with your cars?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: traction control