General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Was Just Wondering...

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 01:24 AM
SonOfAnLT1

Default Was Just Wondering...

I went under the hood of my newly purchased Camaro to inspect the fluids as usual, and noticed that i have no transmition dipstick... now i just may be a MASSIVE rookie and this is my first manual... so i was wondering if manuals just dont have dipsticks? this seems odd to me... your help would be much appriciated... thx for you time
Old 12-05-2005, 01:47 AM
sprostang
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Was Just Wondering...

Manuals dont have dipsticks..... You should be on the camaro forum if your gonna talk about your car.
Old 12-05-2005, 02:26 AM
SonOfAnLT1

How much harder would it have been to nicely answer my question Stangpower? hmm yeah not that much... but w/e the only way to correct my ignorance is to ask questions right?
Old 12-05-2005, 03:07 AM
doobs
4th Gear Member

How bout we stop ripping on the guy and left him get the awnser that he asked. We got plenty of room for more people on this forum. Instead of being a jacka$$ just simply awnser his question nicely. No one wants to be made fun of on this forum.
Old 12-06-2005, 12:52 AM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

SonOfAnLT1 - Welcome to mustangforums. Please feel free to ask anything you like. You will find that many of our members are actually very polite and helpful like doobs (thanks buddy). Many of us are also F-body fans and would be glad to help out wherever we can.

Anyone who acted "inappropriately" in this thread will find that their posts have been deleted. Let's try to represent mustangforums with a little bit more class, please.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:09 AM
ZW99GT
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SonOfAnLT1

I went under the hood of my newly purchased Camaro to inspect the fluids as usual, and noticed that i have no transmition dipstick... now i just may be a MASSIVE rookie and this is my first manual... so i was wondering if manuals just dont have dipsticks? this seems odd to me... your help would be much appriciated... thx for you time
I wondered the same thing when i got my car. I asked that question and got a smartass response just like you did. There is a plug on your manual tranny that you can unscrew a little and check the fluid level. Its ok man, rookie mistake. Welcome to the forums.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:23 AM
cammedlx
5th Gear Member

AWWWW...SHUCKS...you guys are just no fun.....
Old 12-07-2005, 01:30 AM
MikeHawke
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: stangpower96

AWWWW...SHUCKS...you guys are just no fun.....
I am more fun than a barrel of manual dipsticks pal [&:]
Old 12-07-2005, 12:05 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

no dipstick....what you will have are 2 plugs....a drain plug and a fill plug. about 6 inches apart. they are square-headed, and you just put a 3/8" ratchet or the ratchet extension in it to remove it.

drain it and fill it w/ synthetic atf.

btw, no need to get nasty w/ people , what if he had a lt1 and 5.0 both? and this was his favorite forum.

here is my driveway last year.......

Old 12-07-2005, 08:02 PM
cammedlx
5th Gear Member

Look for all of these members that have not been here that long please quit telling me what to do...and if this was his "favorite forum" im sure he would have more the 2 posts....so please i only need one daddy i was just having some fun so lay the **** off....

Quick Reply: Was Just Wondering...