General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Suspension Question??

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 01:32 AM
BBKBadBoy
2nd Gear Member

Default Suspension Question??

My friend just bought the same Eibach Sportline coil springs that i have on my car for his 2002 Mustang GT, the thing is mine was already on the car when i bought it but he was wondering would he necessarily need camber plates for his mustang, its going to be a 2.0 drop in the front and a 1.8 in the back, he was wondering if it would make a big difference if he went without the camber plates, because he likes the look of mine and he has the money to get the springs put on but he doesnt have enough to get the camber plates and with Christmas around the corner he wont be able to save up enough for the plates either...so i was wondering if anyone else could give me their opinions, are these camber plates really mandatory or can he do without them???
Old 12-05-2005, 01:42 AM
cammedlx
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Suspension Question??

He can do with out them...BUT he will have tire wear,mainly on the inside of the tire from negative camber,but he can have the struts grinded to increase camber without the use of plates since he will need to get a alignment after installing the springs anyways...The only thing you need to do is losen both strut bolts and remove the top one,once you done this take a dremel type hole and oblong the sturt bracket hole outward and put the top bolt back in,then you will need to pull the spindle out while you tighten the strut back and this will give you some positive camber but i only recommend a alignment shop to do this...
Old 12-05-2005, 01:48 AM
BBKBadBoy
2nd Gear Member

thanx but do you think his wheels would stick out too much?? because i cant say for sure because mine came with the plates
Old 12-05-2005, 01:53 AM
cammedlx
5th Gear Member

Putting springs in is not going to make the wheel "stick"out,it does nothing other then lower the car....But he will NEED a alignment unless he has stock in BFG...
Old 12-05-2005, 01:57 AM
BBKBadBoy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stangpower96

Putting springs in is not going to make the wheel "stick"out,it does nothing other then lower the car....But he will NEED a alignment unless he has stock in BFG...
haha, thanks for all of your help man, very much appreciated
Old 12-05-2005, 02:02 AM
cammedlx
5th Gear Member

Anytime...any other questions im sure i can help you out.....
Old 12-05-2005, 03:55 AM
Vash the Stampede
3rd Gear Member

i have eibach sportlines too. on an 02 stang.

my camber wasn't off by that much. it was like .5 or so

which is how the steeda track cars are. if you read up on steeda.com they come cambered. negetive camber improves turning ability, but your tire wear is much greater and your breaking suffers with negtive camber as well..

but my car is lowered 2 inches, with stock shocks struts and camber plates. for a whole year already and its fine.